Studio Series discussion

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'm finding I REALLY hope that they eventually give the SS86 Megatron a translucent purple reformatting deco to go with Behold, Galvatron. I don't normally do dioramas, but I'd love to set up a display with a transition from Megatron to Galvatron. This is all assuming Megs turns out well and is a good match for Galvy, of course.

For a display like that, they might even be able to get me to triple dip for a battle-damaged Megs, which is something I normally wouldn't even consider.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That does sound nice. I may even bite with a 2pack of both in matching translucent decos, IF that includes the gridlines on both (and preferably has more detailed greebling in pink rather than white). As good as Reformatting Galvatron turned out I felt that was missing. The RED Reformatting Megatron has the grids, but a faded/less solid application would look better.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'd like to see a side-by-side of the previous release with this one in the same lighting (I've seen cropped photos side by side), but right now it's still looking a bit too similar for me. If anything it's not blue enough? Or too saturated? Something. But it does feel like a few clicks away from the redder one the previous release had.

Like I may still get this after it's sat for a while and if there's room in the budget, but currently it feels like I already have it.
I posted a comparison pic in my post above of it with two other versions, all presumably official pics taken in similar light.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
GUTdd1XbgAAAoYt.jpg

No shade on you, btw, Primal. Thank you for sharing these. I'm just underwhelmed by the slate of offerings here, that's all. XD

And honestly, I'm kinda fine with that? Even a little happy? There's enough stuff that's come out this year already I'll probably never get, so I'm honestly kinda fine/relieved to not want anything here.

That said, if there was anything from this lot I'd be wanting, it'd probably be Studio Series '86 Galvatron... if I didn't already have two of that mold, Selects and Kingdom.

And I mean, I almost never get the same mold in different colors, for what it's worth.

Nothing wrong with any of the others -- I love all Transformers -- but as far as anything I'd want to snatch up before it's too late, preorder, or whatever?

I'm good.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Totally get that.

The only thing I'm sure on is Hatchet. Passing on Skywarp, still mulling over which scorpion colorway, and Galvatron I'll consider quite a bit down the line. And i agree, it's nice to have a gap in the buy list. It's a relief.

But I'm glad Hatchet is finally getting made.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Been thinking about building a shelf for the '86 movie, so I'm probably getting Galvatron. Hatchet is just such a weird figure that I have to get him. (How many times have we gotten "vehicle that turns into animal" in this franchise? Alternators Ravage?)

The Phazer

Citizen
it must be said that Galvatron looks significantly less blue and more correct in the pictures from the Breakfast presentation.

I dunno, I only ever bought one so maybe getting one without the battle damage/fixed shoulders and the correct colour might work, if I can find one on sale.

But he really could have done with a new head and taller cannon spire/boots as above.

Everything else was extremely uninteresting, ugly designs not executed well.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'm still not convinced that's any molded difference and not just a different viewing angle. I'd get out my Galvys to compare, but I'm likely to be busy with working on my daughter's room all day. Cleaning, painting, new light fixture, etc.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Not trying to be rude or anything, but how about a photo of SS86 Galvy that is more front on and not taken from above and at an angle?

xuadaws62qvd1.jpg

I don't have my Legacy release to compare it but that very much looks like the same head when looking at photos of the previous releases of this dang mold.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Not trying to be rude or anything, but how about a photo of SS86 Galvy that is more front on and not taken from above and at an angle?

xuadaws62qvd1.jpg

I don't have my Legacy release to compare it but that very much looks like the same head when looking at photos of the previous releases of this dang mold.

It IS the same head, just different paint upon the face to look like the 86 movie

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Finding the middle ground with release windows/reissues/slight recolors is tough.

It'd be great if the release windows were longer for some toys, so that more of us could get them. But having the same figure come up again seems to piss people off.

Then again, we are talking about fans on a message board . . .

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
But he really could have done with a new head and taller cannon spire/boots as above.

It appears he does.

I'm not seeing anything different there. Same exact head, just the right one is viewed from a higher angle.

roysovmuvsod1.jpeg

troyemotions(2).jpg

Top Bottom