Studio Series discussion

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think he was just referring MIA figures in general, not specifically studio series.

EDIT: Also I think it might be time to retire the studio series name as a "only the movies" kind of thing. Once they let in "game studios" it makes no sense to not let in "tv studios."
"Studio Series AKOM", wherein they take their Studio Series '86 overstock and put it under a heat lamp for a day or two.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Huge_Ironhide_and_Small_Ratchet.jpg

Come on Hasbro, release a multi pack of Deluxe Hound, Ironhide, Wheeljack, and Core Ratchet.

You know you want to.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
A sample of Studio Series galvatron showed up on ebay and I gotta say, the blurple looks really really good, and even has a metallic texture to it.

I kinda want one more now.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Helps that my kingdom galvy has surgery scars from the shoulder misassembly correction and came with two of the same heelspur, necessitating some more surgery.

Prefer the clear cannon so it’l be worth it to frankenstein an ideal version. I’m also rapidly running out of characters I care about so i can probably squeeze him into the budget

Last edited:

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
No talk of the leaks from earlier this evening?
Toys Are Russ got some “early samples” of Hatchet and TFOne B-127. Obviously, being one of those collector types, he doesn’t offer any comparison with the current Prime Changer version of B.

In addition, some cropped images of Leader Apelinq popped up. While I know they were constrained by the film’s depiction..he still looks boring AF and, in robot mode, BARELY different from Optimus Primal (aside from getting the faceplate face Primal should have gotten)

And mirrored images from the assorted eBay auctions for SS Galvatron, in his glorious blurple. Plus comparison shots with SS86 Optimus Prime.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Toys Are Russ posted looks at both WfC Skywarp and SS86 Galvatron, including a nice comparison with the Legacy release (which ditched the splatter)

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I hate how much I want that Galvatron.

But there's no way I'm spending $90 for it, and my paint spattered, backwards shoulder Kingdom version will get less than nothing on the secondary market.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Damn. That Galvatron really does look a lot better. If he was, like, a voyager or deluxe, I'd probably just buy the new one. I think I can hold off and wait for a sale, though.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
MCM London was today, and with it came a number of reveals. Apelinq was officially revealed…right as eBay auctions went with in hand images.
Again, I know they were limited by the film’s depictions of Apelinq…but SURELY they could have done more to make the robot mode more distinctive from Optimus Primal, even if it was just spicing up the color just a little bit.

And at Hasbro’s panel, they revealed the following a whole slate of new Studio Series releases:

Jazz, RotB Optimus Prime and DotM Shockwave are all refreshes of earlier figures. Prime was a retailer exclusive while Shockwave has been out of circulation for a number of years.
Gamer Series Ironhide is a redeco/retool of Ratchet.
Que is an increasingly rare all new character release from the earlier films. It also, I think, is the first time a proper DotM Que has seen a widespread release in the US.
First look at AoE Optimus Prime, though the render was reported to be missing deco
The biggest to me is the reveal of a revamped BBM VW Bumblebee. The execution, though? Eh…it feels like a “side grade”. The robot mode certainly features more design elements from the final film model, but those panels kind of ruin a LOT of the profile of the character. At least with the original, the panels were clearly designed to “link” the VW version to the later Camaro iteration. Here? He’s just got a bunch panels sitting off his back. I’m still game to get him, but I really wished Hasbro could have done a better job with the door wings, more than anything else.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Remember when we complained about Hasbro livening up the colors on the AOE Dinobot toys? We were so silly.

Top Bottom