Studio Series discussion

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
I think he was just referring MIA figures in general, not specifically studio series.

EDIT: Also I think it might be time to retire the studio series name as a "only the movies" kind of thing. Once they let in "game studios" it makes no sense to not let in "tv studios."

Shadewing

Citizen
They could pull a Takara MP Targetmaster Hot Rod and give him the AKOM colors for The Rebirth-accuracy lol.

They also kinda did that for the Legends release of TR Hot Rod:

1729652450827.png

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
What's left from the MIA list? Targetmaster Hot Rod?
How do we define MIA at this point? E.g. Windcharger has had multiple updates, including as recently as PotP. He just hasn't had a WfC/Legacy/AotP/SS86 update. (Side note, we need a good term for this era.)

If we're only talking bots who have never had any CHUG-style update, and ignoring ones we've already seen in upcoming listings, these are the big ones that I'm looking at:

The post-'86 cassettes (for the most part)
Bumper
The Omnibots
Most of the Throttlebots
Sureshot disappeared from the United repack wave, but presumably he's still coming at some point
Many of the post-'87 bots

If we're counting bots who could use a WfC/Legacy/AotP/SS86 version, I'd say the biggest additions are:

Windcharger
Powerglide
Seaspray (presumably coming based on the Walmart listings)
Outback
Swerve
Tailgate
Defensor
Predaking
Octane
Broadside

Plenty of others that could be added, but those are the ones I'd most want to see.

Shadewing

Citizen
I feel like Broadside gotta be a sooner then a later, becuase he's the last Autobot Triple changer, and most didn't like his TR toy. Octane would also be part of the missing Triple changers, but Octane's toy, espically if you have the Takara version, is still a really good version of him. Not saying he can't be updated or done better; just between the two Broadside feels like he needs it more as he has less good toys.

Badgertron

Citizen
For SS86, I could use a couple more Junkion designs, as well as a couple more of the Quintessons.

Maybe animation painted Insecticons? Would people want that?

...If you want to get REALLY crazy, how about that giant squid that Kup & Hotrod fought?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kinda want to get the TAV Insecticons for the cartoon colors, so they can be smaller clones of the Legacy ones.

I support the idea of a Targetmaster Hot Rod in whatever line. They can revisit that canceled toy colors one, or do the AKOM colors the MP did. Use either Siege Firedrive or a simpler new mold similar to Spoilsport. (Or honestly just a package refresh of the original Voyager class toy. The aftermarket prices on that have jumped.)

Wouldn't be surprised to get SS86 Hound at some point, to make him available again (maybe with a clear window this time). He was in that shot of Prime disembarking his shuttle, I think.

As clunky as I feel Voyager Junkions are (they're great and in many ways an improvement over the RTS Deluxe, I'm just more ued to the deluxe bike size) I wouldn't mind more of the distinct-looking ones. Scrapheap was very refreshing to see after the "mostly Wreck-Gar's colors too" Junkheap. Maybe the next one can come with alternate heads for the older ones just to change things up if one is army building.

Not Movie based, but I hope we can get a Nancy at some point too. (And Rum-maj, but that's not a cartoon element.)

Last edited:

Badgertron

Citizen
I kinda want to get the TAV Insecticons for the cartoon colors, so they can be smaller clones of the Legacy ones.

I support the idea of a Targetmaster Hot Rod in whatever line. They can revisit that canceled toy colors one, or do the AKOM colors the MP did. Use either Siege Firedrive or a simpler new mold similar to Spoilsport. (Or honestly just a package refresh of the original Voyager class toy. The aftermarket prices on that have jumped.)

Wouldn't be surprised to get SS86 Hound at some point, to make him available again (maybe with a clear window this time). He was in that shot of Prime disembarking his shuttle, I think.

As clunky as I feel Voyager Junkions are (they're great and in many ways an improvement over the RTS Deluxe, I'm just more ued to the deluxe bike size) I wouldn't mind more of the distinct-looking ones. Scrapheap was very refreshing to see after the "mostly Wreck-Gar's colors too" Junkheap. Maybe the next one can come with alternate heads for the older ones just to change things up if one is army building.

Not Movie based, but I hope we can get a Nancy at some point too. (And Rum-maj, but that's not a cartoon element.)
I would love to see the 86 Junkions decked out in Legacy Junkion parts. Surely someone has photos of that...

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That would be neat. I haven't been able to get Legacy Junkions, sadly (I did manage to get Tow-Line and eventually Road Pig), but I want to backtrack and get them later on. I've been hooked on the idea since Weaponizers were introduced. (In another universe I imagine the third part of the WFC trilogy isn't Kingdom-- it's more movie and later G1, and Beast Wars kicks off the next trilogy; the Weaponizer/Modulator equivalents would be Junkions)

I think the spikes would complicate a lot of that though.

Top Bottom