Takara Missing Link G1 Series

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I believe there is some convention or show going on in Japan, and some of the first reveals have been two new Missing Link projects:
Sunstreaker and Arcee (based on the original prototype). I believe the 86 crew is there to show how a ML Arcee could "fit in" with the original toys.

Still got my little candle over here for Transtech...one day...maybe...
Cheers for the info! I'll add it to the Japanese TF thread!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Apparently, Sunstreaker is the next one after Bumble and Cliff, but Arcee however is still in the phase of "Maybe". Seems they made a sample test shot for her and put it on display to generate buzz, as Takara isn't yet certain if they want to go through with properly making her.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Missing Link in general is too expensive for me to consider buying more that a couple of figures, but a real G1 Arcee definitely has my attention.

I'm kind of torn on color scheme, though. Part of me of course wants the original prototype colors with the out-of-nowhere orange and red, but part of me wants a more cartoon accurate pink and white.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Missing Link in general is too expensive for me to consider buying more that a couple of figures, but a real G1 Arcee definitely has my attention.

I'm kind of torn on color scheme, though. Part of me of course wants the original prototype colors with the out-of-nowhere orange and red, but part of me wants a more cartoon accurate pink and white.
If Optimus is anything to go by you may be able to get both!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If Optimus is anything to go by you may be able to get both!

Well, both will probably be available, but I'd have to pick one.

In fact, it was that very indecision that made me not buy Prime. I wanted the toy accurate deco, but it only came in the more expensive trailered version. The cartoon deco was cheaper, but not really the one I wanted. While I was still waffling, Hasbro revealed their Deluxe Optimus that did almost the same thing for a lot less money, so I went with that.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
ML Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are pretty cheap. BBTS has them for around $35 each.

I don't think Arcee will that affordable but I don't think she'll be "Optimus with trailer" expensive so... maybe she ends up affordable enough to make double dipping possible?

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
None of these have been very affordable for me specifically, and so far I've been comfortable sitting out. But this will be very difficult to let pass by. Well played, Takara Tomy.
I'll probably get the weird colour prototype version and it can be a different character.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do appreciate the existence of Missing Link. It just isn't what I'm looking for in my collection. Saying that... if they do the Dinobots... I might have to bite. 🐉

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
ML Bumblebee and Cliffjumper are pretty cheap. BBTS has them for around $35 each.

I don't think Arcee will that affordable but I don't think she'll be "Optimus with trailer" expensive so... maybe she ends up affordable enough to make double dipping possible?

I did order a Bumblebee. It was affordable and I figured it may be my only purchase out of the line. These are too pricey for me to go crazy with this line, but there are one or two characters I'd spring for. I never saw Arcee coming, but she may well make the list if she's priced at all reasonably.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Its perfect im gonna cry
ss34.JPG
Credit wotafa/ヲタファ

Top Bottom