Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Eh for me music really just boils down to: "Do I like the flow?" Which I know isn't an explanation, but it's all I've got.

Like I know people enjoy "Stop the Bats" But all I hear are these weird pauses like the singers are having to stop in the middle of the song to read the next few lines. It just sounds very off putting.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do like the Danny Elfman sound, so that helps. But context is part of it. I was entertained just by the attempt to have their spooky episode's music sound like Danny Elfman. It's fitting, and that's the only reason they did it. No one ran it by a committee. Daniel Ingram felt like it would be fun and fitting, so he went for it. And he nailed it. I heard the inspiration immediately. And it doesn't sound like any song in the series that wasn't trying to do the same thing.

G5's songs could have been composed with no idea what episodes they were going to be used in, or what the tone of those episodes was going to be, and I don't know if the result would be any different from what we got. It all sounds the same to me.

Top Bottom