The Nintendo Thread of Jumping, Slashing, and Home Decorating

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still have the OG switch. I mostly play it mostly in docked mode. I may play it in handheld mode if I'm going somewhere for the weekend or if I'm on vacation or something. But most of my playtime is docked. So I never really felt the need to upgrade to the OLED which more of the lure for that one is handheld mode.

But it is nice to have gotten such a good deal on the best of a generation. Congratulations!
Same here. Except "handheld" mode is usually "propped up somewhere and using the Pro Controller, because the damn Switch is uncomfortable to hold for very long."

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Same. Plus, once you use the pro controller, trying to go back to joycons is rough. I only use them when the pro controller needs recharged.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Pro controller was an immediate purchase when I got the OLED.

Has anyone else experienced a weird uncanny valley feeling when playing the Mario RPG remake? I couldn’t shake it and it made me hate playing. I ended up trading it in yesterday towards my Echoes of Wisdom preorder.

I experienced no such feeling with Thousand Year Door.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Personally, I didn't have a problem with the RPG remake. But, I could understand how you might. It might be partially the isometric perspective, which few games use anymore. It could be the new graphics, which isn't what you remember from the old game. And it might be the new menu system and new battle systems they added to the game, which do change how the game plays to a extent. I could see how the new version might conflict with your fond memories of the old one.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
While revealed at the Sony State of Play, several games and DLC will come to the Switch:
TMNT Shredder's Revenge will get a pair of new playable characters, along with a Sonic 3 movie pack DLC for Sonic X Shadow Generations.
Soul Reaver Remastered will be released in December (From Aspyr, that did the Tomb Raider Remaster)
Lunar 1+2 Remastered will be coming next spring.

Top Bottom