The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He was also a rich immigrant. He had money BEFORE coming to the US(not a much as he does now, but definitely way more than I do currently). It's just as much about class as it is ethnicity. It would be important not to forget that. He wants to reshape the US(and the world) into a neo-feudalistic society where the lords get the rights and the peasants get the rules. It's the key reason he gets along with Trump, actually. His objectivist views are feudalism adjacent, and they always have been. Best to stamp out the house of Musk before it can get itself established.

Ungnome

Citizen
Also things are close, he doesn't have to move the needle much to change the results, unfortunately. Social media needs more regulation. The algorithms they use to decide what to promote and the data they feed into said algorithms should be public knowledge at the very last.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Polls aren't as close as they look; republicans have been largely over represented in the last three cycles. It's why the "red wave" they promised wasn't even a trickle. And the cult has been both abandoning trump, and flat out ******* dying. He's not bringing in new voters, while harris/walz is scooping up independents, disenfranchised republicans, and terrified marginals who are smart enough to see what another trump mandate would do.

To put it differently: harris and trump are within the margin of error (2.5%) in basically all the swing states. Harris needs to win north carolina to win, trump needs to pick up four times as many swing states.

But yeah: agreed. There needs to be some more, and significant oversight into social media. The entire world probably needs to start treating it like alcohol and cigarettes, and the companies need to as clear as windexed glass in their processes and algorithms.

Ungnome

Citizen
I hope you're right, Wonko, and it's just not my anxious nature getting the best of me. Seems to be going up as we get closer to the election. Doesn't help that where I live is the Trumpiest area in an otherwise blue state.

Frankly I'll be glad when I can go back to thinking about this as Trumpy:
1728752883879.png

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I love how like, most of the stuff they have flagged as SCARY RED TEXT has been part of their agreement for literally the whole time the site has existed and is part of the standard agreement with literally every website like it. Like, "They can run ads and not pay you a cut" ...yeah? I'm still waiting for my check from the Allspark for the big banner ad at the bottom of this page. "You must be at least 13" oh no what will the five-year-olds of the world ever do without their precious socials?

Like, dude, at least highlight what's changed. Twitter has always been some degree of evil. Tell me how much worse it's gotten, not just how bad it is.

Top Bottom