The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Ironbite4

Citizen
Oh the block button? The thing you use to keep people from viewing your stuff because they've been abusive towards you? Yeah, we're getting rid of that. You know, for the memes.

Ironbite-I am so smart!

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I mean... anything you post on the internet is going to get scraped by some AI or other anyway. If they can access it, they can and will scrape it and you'll never even know. The surprising thing is that X are being upfront about it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Who's going to stop them? People aren't about to stop being addicted to social media, or using it as a means of income generation.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Where is the limit?
Like, I knew, after Sandy Hook, that we, as an American society, will never do anything serious to address gun violence. But what do you think is that limit break on social media and terms of service? What can they demand that will signal to you that there is no going back, that addiction has won?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It must be great to be Jack Dorsey. Run Twitter into the ground, sell it off to the one guy you know will make it so much worse that everyone will forget about how badly you ran it, immediately start a new site that promises to do the exact same thing, end up 40 billion dollars richer AND still get most of your old customers back.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Hell, it must be great to be literally any megabillionaire who's not Elon Musk, generally, given what a bang-up job he's doing making them all look kinda decent by comparison.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Where is the limit?
Like, I knew, after Sandy Hook, that we, as an American society, will never do anything serious to address gun violence. But what do you think is that limit break on social media and terms of service? What can they demand that will signal to you that there is no going back, that addiction has won?

If a bunch of kindergarteners dying wasn't enough to wake us up to gun violence, what makes you think anything will make us realize the problems with the relatively less horrible social media? If we can dismiss domestic mass child murder, we can dismiss anything.

Last edited:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Stop regulating industry, but you better not allow trans teens to express who they are....... Guy is fine 'regulating' things he doesn't like, but if a regulation comes between him and his money, it's bad. Sooner he implodes and his companies end up in saner hands, the better.

NovaSaber

Citizen
There is no bottom:

The tech billionaire is funding a super PAC, Future Coalition PAC, that is running digital ads that tout Kamala Harris’s support for Israel in Michigan, in areas heavily populated with Muslim and Arab voters. At the same time, the super PAC is running ads aimed at Jewish voters in Pennsylvania attacking Harris as promoting anti-Israel policies, HuffPost reports.

Literally playing both sides, with the political ad equivalent of a false flag.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I mean, that's one misreading of the whole "if you give humans two warp cores" post.
academy-this-is-species-where-if-give-them-two-warp-cores-they-will-ask-third-one-immediatel.jpg

NovaSaber

Citizen

Top Bottom