The "What made you happy today" thread!

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I made this recipe.

Used vanilla pudding instead of chocolate, hopefully to get a nice, high contrast cake. It's still cooking, but I can't wait for dessert tonight.

Edit: needs 10 more minutes. The knife didn't come out clean, but it smells AWESOME.

Edit again: It came out perfectly clean!

Attachments

• 20240623_114956.jpg
    20240623_114956.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

wonko the sane?

Citizen
And it's incredible. Actually looking forward to trying the chocolate version. So moist, with a nice spike of chocolate chip to complement the vanilla.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
See I imagine it would be better with vanilla. Chocolate chips complement the vanilla, instead of just being chocolate mixed with chocolate. Which sounds good. But cake can be too much, and can become monotonous.

But an all chocolate version is still worth a try. For science.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
1. Talked to a friend who just let me rant about some things that have been going on. That really helped.

2. We proceeded to play some Final Fantasy XIV. Got a new mount and a new minion.

3. I have Rayman Origins on PSP. I was always sorry I never got it for a console since it was my first Rayman game. Turns out at some point I guess I did get it digitally for PS3. I can't remember when I got it, but it was fun playing it tonight.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Leaving out the gory details, there's a little operation every man has to go through once he reaches 45. The prep for that operation is honestly worse than the operation itself.

Well, that's all behind me. I no longer have to worry about it for another 10 years. It's so nice to not have it hanging over me. And my mother and I had a really big lunch at Olive Garden afterwards. It was SO good.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Lemon blueberry is a great combo. I love zesting citrus into easy cake mixes and replacing some the water with the juice, too. Helps it taste fresher, though it can make things too wet if you're not careful.

I wonder if I can make that pudding cake recipe in a regular pan. I don't want to get a bundt pan that I'll hardly ever use (plus I have so many baking pans already).

wonko the sane?

Citizen
You could prolly pull it off with two regular cake pans and make a nice layer cake with it.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Supposedly add a teaspoon of coffee to any mix that has chocolate to compliment it.

---

What made me happy today is watching the cat being absolutely frustrating in A Quiet Place : Day One. He was so cute but I wanted to throttle him for being so frustrating, haha

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Leaving out the gory details, there's a little operation every man has to go through once he reaches 45. The prep for that operation is honestly worse than the operation itself.

Well, that's all behind me. I no longer have to worry about it for another 10 years. It's so nice to not have it hanging over me. And my mother and I had a really big lunch at Olive Garden afterwards. It was SO good.

I'm 47 and if we're talking about the same procedure, I put mine off for as long as I could. Mine was last Thursday. The prep was horrible, but the bacon cheeseburger and fries that night were amazing.

Good to hear that you get to go 10 years without going back, too.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I bought a new desk.

and I probably won't have to hold onto the old one very long: as my nephew apparently doesn't want his loft bed anymore, and will lose his desk when he gets a new bed frame.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I sat outside with my evening meal watching the world go by, also spotted the neighbourhood cat watch, sat up high on top of the garage of his home also watching the world go by and grooming himself, as cats tend to do, sort of, sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits!!

Top Bottom