The "What made you happy today" thread!

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Do we have a "Why are you #$%@ing miserable today?" thread? Because I feel like that might be more appropriate for me at the moment.

Good luck with whatever's happening.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I'm not sure. Should we combine mental heath as a whole with this day in particular just totally sucking? Just wondering. Maybe worth a discussion.

Meantime, I get to see one of my aunts from California today. That's always good.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm working today, and TMM took a trip to the mall on his own. He picked up one of the newer Animal Crossing Lego sets (Dodo Airlines) for me even though I told him to wait.

So, you got something to keep your hands busy, then?

I'm still working on my person castle project, just the other day, I finished building one of the 3 in 1 castle sets, the main castle, its actually a nice little castle, already built the tower seperately and working on the third build, well made a start on that last night, the Mini figure count, isn't great but I plan to get some more in the near future, thou next month, I plan to order two of the latest Sonic the Hedgehog sets and the Ideas Nightmare Before Christmas set as that looks intersting, out of the Sonic sets, I'm passing on the boat set as it has nothing to offer me and I want the Super Sonic set and the placement for the Master Emerald set

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Good luck with whatever's happening.
Thanks, but that feels like it might be a little much for what I'm going through? At least, on the face of it?

I guess I can talk about it here, though, since there is a development of sorts that I consider positive.

One of my cats, Tango, is nearing his end. It's been... a lot these last several days.

He hasn't been eating, but I figured out today that I might still be able to get him some nourishment by really watering down his pate cat food, so he can basically drink it.

So far, it's gone decently well. And that makes me a little happy, knowing that he won't go starving now.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
My dude: if the cat can't eat properly; it's time. You might get a few days or even weeks from babying him, and you're cherishing the time NOW, but in the future, you'll understand that you stretched out his life, extended whatever pain he's in for yourself. I know: we did the same thing with our newfie a few years ago. I regret it now, the extra weekend wasn't worth the pain and discomfort we caused her.

If this is just a speedbump on recovery: do keep it up. Try and heal your friend. But if this is just the way he is now... please don't torture him to get extra time. He'll suffer for a week for it, but you'll have that memory for a lifetime.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
What made me happy is the news that my 86 Swoop & Lockdown are now on their way from Indemand toys, so hopefully by the end of the week, they'll be here and that means I'll have to make some adjustments to one of my shelves to add the fifth Dinobot and that means at least one figure will have to leave that shelf and I already have a bot in mind, but I'll see when they arrive in a couple of days

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
FDA just approved the updated COVID boosters!

FurAffinity just came back up finally after the registrar hack on Tuesday!

And I just ordered a new keyboard finally - it doesn't tick ALL the boxes I want but it's close enough for the price to give it a try.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Guy who hacked FurAffinity is in for an interesting couple of days, because he's about to be hunted by a dozen different intelligence agencies.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
FINALLY!!!
After hearing that the Hello Kitty x Yugioh McDonald's toys were coming to the US, I've been hunting for news. All I could find was "summer 2024". I found a site that lists the McD's toys and stalked it like a creep. Today, the site finally changed. Now to see how bad the distribution is. I want Pomzodia...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
What made me happy today:
1. Getting the garden cut back a bit after a few weeks of growth and not doing anything
2. Watching TFI creations latest video, Gigawatt: Rise of the Fallen and that is a AWESOME piece of work and it shows how a multiverse storyline should work

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Power went out this morning. Suddenly too, cleanly: like a shutdown instead of catastrophe. Turns out it was a shutdown DUE to catastrophe; there was a gas main leak, and hydroquebec killed the power to thousands of people to prevent an explosion. It was out for about 3.5 hours.

So I spent the morning reading comic books, got through most of my backlog (highly recommend the energon universe cobra commander stuff! Holy shit yes!). Made some tea on the barbeque.

Top Bottom