Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ironbite4

Citizen
This should've triggered an arrest from the word jump. The fact that it didn't and Cannon's been able to delay delay delay shows how toothless our Justice Department really is.

Ironbite-then again I kinda get it.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Both are rambling incoherently. But the energy levels here are very different.

This debate sucks. Biden is very low energy and occasionally rambles into complete incoherence. Trump is high energy but I don't think he's directly answered a single question.

Last edited:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Of course it did. A geriatric narcissist with a total disregard for the truth was debating a geriatric man with a stutter and focus issues. Makes me long for the days we had candidates who were actually eloquent speakers. I may have had some issues with some of Obama's policies, but his frequent uhhhs were still a million times better than what we've been getting since.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Eh, there was nothing new to be gained here anyways. Everyone has seen both of them in the hot seat, and heard plenty from them over the years. Neither is new or unknown, so it's just reruns of an old TV show where everyone already knows all the lines. The only thing to be gained here is popcorn time and ratings from people hate-watching or watching for "their guy".

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I just realized. Trump has already had the first debate; the second is supposed to be between running mates... except Trump hasn't actually picked his yet. Which reminded me that usually they announce their running mates at the convention. Which made me wonder when that was.

It's not till next month.

WHY WAS THIS DEBATE SO EARLY?

Teufel

Citizen
I just realized. Trump has already had the first debate; the second is supposed to be between running mates... except Trump hasn't actually picked his yet. Which reminded me that usually they announce their running mates at the convention. Which made me wonder when that was.

It's not till next month.

WHY WAS THIS DEBATE SO EARLY?

Both campaigns had a lot of complaints about the 2020 debates so since it's the same candidates this time around they hashed out their own agreement that iced out the commission that had been organizing these for decades. Both sides wanted earlier debates because it's not 1984 anymore and on the previous schedule some of the debates happened after mail in ballots had already been cast. Also by moving the dates up helped add a bit of safety net in case someone did terrible. Now there's still months left instead of weeks until election day.

Next presidential debate is sometime in September if they stick to it. I haven't actually heard anything about a VP debate. I don't know if they didn't bother scheduling one yet?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
If both candidates have to agree to participate in the debate, it can't very well be scheduled before both participants have even been chosen.

Teufel

Citizen
If both candidates have to agree to participate in the debate, it can't very well be scheduled before both participants have even been chosen.

It can when both parties have front runners whose victories are foregone conclusions and no real primary competition.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I guess at least it's nice they got one debate in before one of the candidates goes to prison and has to attend future debates via Zoom.

Also nice to see there are still parts of the US media with some perspective:

Top Bottom