Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I mean, that did get coverage in 2016. When the accuser flaked out. Multiple times. No showed an announced press conferences Etc. If there had been even the slightest hint of credibility the press would've happily ran with it.

Given Trump's...proclivities...I'm still quite willing to believe that Trump was into the same shady junk as Epstein. It still would NOT surprise me if Trump (or an associate) was involved in Epstein's highly suspicious "suicide".

But until someone reliable comes forth. that's all this will remain...suspicions.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
And it matters not. Unless there's video of him diddling a child, Trump appears to be teflon when it comes to allegations of sexual assault/rape. At least in the court of public opinion. Obviously he's had less luck in civil court.
But, my point is that his followers simply don't care. They'll hand wave it away, claim it's BS or from biases sources, perform whatever mental gymnastics are necessary to ignore the fact that they're following a dedicated sexual predator.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
It's kind of fascinating that a politician can overcome a scandal by simply refusing to be embarrassed about it. Now, it's easy to say that this only applies to Trump, but I'm not so sure. Bush did the same thing with his war crimes: simply refuse to apologize or back down, and eventually people start normalizing it and acting as if it's OK.

Of course, Bush is a Republican just like Trump, so one could surmise that this technique only applies to Republicans, presumably because the Republican base has ... how should I put it ... a malleable attitude toward morality and the truth.
If we've learned anything from the wildly varying reactions to Biden's brain farts (losing his train of thought while speaking) and Trump's much more troubling brain farts (literally confusing two people that he's known for years, which is a classic sign of senility), it's that people think senile statements don't sound senile if you're confident and forceful when you're saying them.
The problem with treating Adolf Hitler like a cartoon villain is that once you think of someone as a cartoon character, then NOTHING a real person does will ever make you see the parallels, because a real person is not a cartoon character.

If you know your history, there are remarkably strong parallels between Trump and Hitler, but most people still think it's "over the top" to make that comparison, because you can't compare a real person to a cartoon villain.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
giphy.gif

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Of course, Bush is a Republican just like Trump, so one could surmise that this technique only applies to Republicans, presumably because the Republican base has ... how should I put it ... a malleable attitude toward morality and the truth.
It's one of our long-held national double standards: IOKIYAR (It's OK If You're A Republican). The last GOP President with any sense of shame was Nixon.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
In fact, Trump being an actual living cartoon villain might be the whole problem. People see this ranting lunatic on the news all the time, acting like something they've only ever seen in cartoons or particularly bad movies, and can't bring themselves to fully believe it's real because they've been told over and over that people like that only exist in cartoons and particularly bad movies, and only someone who still thinks like a child would believe otherwise. So their brain makes up a different version of him who acts more like the mature adult they're conditioned to believe everyone over 25 or so automatically is.

Is it any wonder his most vocal opponents are us millennials, who suffer from arrested development more than any other generation in recorded history?

Top Bottom