Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
To be fair: it's trump. Literally everything he does is a scam and a grift. To assume he staged it is a natural conclusion.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Either they missed that building during preparations, or the guy watching that area dropped the ball.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
No question this changes things, but what those changes are have yet to be seen.
Is this the first time Trump has really been this close to the end? Like, I am curious to see what his reaction is going to be. I'm sure there will be bluster and bullshit, but this is the kind of thing that shakes anyone up.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
There's no precedent for this sort of thing in US politics (said the title of Trump's life story); are there any other countries that have had a candidate for high office get almost-murdered prior to an election that was this close?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He turned his head RIGHT before the shots were fired. If he hadn't done that he likely would have been killed.

Shooter was a 20 year old registered Republican wearing a t-shirt from a hardline second amendment group but apparently donated $15 to a progressive pac in 2021. Seems like he may have been one of the Republicans who were NOT happy about the January 6 insurrection attempt.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Frankly, from watching the video: you'd think it was a small caliber weapon and two idiots beefing, and trump caught a stray. Shame it didn't kill him.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Shooter was a 20 year old registered Republican wearing a t-shirt from a hardline second amendment group but apparently donated $15 to a progressive pac in 2021.
I believe that we're still waiting for confirmation that the donor is the shooter and not a different person with the same name.

TV's Frank has the best take on all of this:

Anonymous X

Citizen
We’ve already had Farage and various Tories on our news media earlier today ranting about “left wing extremism”. Whenever America sneezes, we catch a cold…

Top Bottom