Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Hate the left wing extremist angle, especially now that currently available evidence points to that NOT being the case.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The background information on the shooter is very odd. There doesn't seem to be any clear motive as to why he did this.

Ungnome

Citizen
Could be a simple as he snapped and had access to a firearm. All we really know at this point is that he was a quiet kid in school, that he wasn't allowed to join the HS rifle club because he was a horrible shot and that he was a registered republican and that he was wearing a shirt from a pro-gun YouTube channel.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I can't believe it was staged simply because it would have been so easy for something to go wrong and for Trump to actually be taken out. That would have been counter-productive.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah I can't imagine the kid was John Wick with the flawless plan of making it look good. There's proof it wasn't blanks and ketchup packs.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
If it was, I highly doubt Trump was behind it. He wouldn't have the balls to come even that close to taking a bullet.
Trump is a whiny piece of shit, and his cult members are reactionary fools. All they would have to do is have A SHOOTING near him. No one even needed to die, they just needed some pops and some flashes.

They fucked it up just like they fucked up every other grift they've tried to pull off.

It didn't need to be realistic: it just needed to be enough to trigger his base.

Teufel

Citizen
How would that pitch meeting even go?

"We shoot off an ear. They're like lungs or kidneys; you only need one."

rCLNwDH.jpeg

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The best thing that could come out of this is for Trump and his allies in Washington to get so tilted over this that they pivot to lashing out at basically everyone who's not a hardcore loyalist, threatening things like mandatory reeducation camps and loyalty oaths and other things that no one with two braincells to rub together would dare write off as something they can afford to risk happening. Basically pledging to skip straight to the "Then they came for me" part of the poem.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
There's no precedent for this sort of thing in US politics (said the title of Trump's life story); are there any other countries that have had a candidate for high office get almost-murdered prior to an election that was this close?
Robert F. Kennedy actually WAS killed in the June just before the Democratic convention that year.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm sorry, but the idea that this was staged is the worst blueanon bullshit I have ever seen. There is no way to make sure the shot just grazed Trump, even if he weren't moving all over the place giving his speech. Guns are not that accurate. Ammo is not that accurate. People are not that accurate. The wind is not that predictable. Simo Haya could not have made that shot on purpose.

This actually happeend, and it is just sheer dumb luck that the situation isn't worse.

Ungnome

Citizen
Yea, the chances of something going sideways is too great for it to be staged. Heck, even if the shooter wasn't just trying to play out an epic 'suicide by cop' scenario, you have to remember the Republican base itself is split on Trump, despite appearances. I'm sure some within it with a more libertarian bent aren't too happy with the fascist-like talking points coming from the Trump camp and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of those think taking out Trump would be the best way to reclaim their party.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, this was real. I highly doubt the shooter would have agreed to die in some staged event. It's only because he was a horrible shot that Trump isn't dead right now.

Be better Allspark, this conspiracy leap doesn't paint us in a good light.

Top Bottom