Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
The shooter may not fit neatly into any box, politically. At his age, I was a libertarian gun nut and a registered Republican, but I was always repulsed by the religious right. Someone as transparently odious as Trump would have sickened me back then too.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
Just in case there's any lingering doubt which side of the fence he was on.
Max R. Smith recalled taking an American history course with Crooks as a sophomore. He did recall Crooks making political statements — but they shed no light on his actions Saturday.

“He definitely was conservative,” he said. “It makes me wonder why he would carry out an assassination attempt on the conservative candidate.”

Smith recalled a mock debate in which their history professor posed government policy questions and asked students to stand on one side of the classroom or the other to signal their support or opposition for a given proposal.

“The majority of the class were on the liberal side, but Tom, no matter what, always stood his ground on the conservative side,” Smith said. “That’s still the picture I have of him. Just standing alone on one side while the rest of the class was on the other.”

Last edited:

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Jesus jumped-up Christ.

How many demons do you have to make deals with to be as lucky as this mother****er?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Judge Cannon continues to demonstrate that not only is she in the bag for Trump, but that she's blisteringly stupid about it.
I'm certain her thought process went something like, "well, everyone's upset about the assassination attempt, I can just dismiss now (finally) and people will let it slide because he got hurt"

That is not going to fly. This will be appealed or just refiled. What this does, though, is give enough to Jack Smith so that when this is appealed and overturned, Smith can demonstrate a lack of neutrality and finally have her fully removed from the proceedings. Provided, of course, that he doesn't win in November, which will render this all moot.

Judge Cannon has also shown everyone just how biased she is and that she is absolutely a political operative. This will haunt her judicial career and end it prematurely.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Unless Trump wins in November. Then she gets a Supreme Court seat (at least until King Trump dissolves SCOTUS).

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Which is what ******* galls me most of all about all this: all these people are sucking up to trump for jobs that will not exist if he gets what he wants!!! Every one of them, to the last is so ******* stupid that they think "but he won't do that to me" when that's literally all he does.

Xaaron

Citizen
First impression: There's no way this was written or decided since the shooting. Neither this judge nor any law clerk wrote a 93 page, heavily cited order in under 48 hours.

So yeah, I lean in favor of the idea it was ready to go and she waited for a good time (in her mind) to drop it on the courts.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Sorry, that's what I meant. Not that it was decided in the last minute, but that she is cherry picking her time.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Now Smith will appeal the decision, leading to more legal battles, and pushing the trial back even more. Delay, delay, delay.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Yes, delays, but this is basically the big swing from Cannon and Trump. If Trump does not win in November, all of this lands on him without the judge giving him cover because it will not go back to Cannon. At this point she's demonstrated enough prejudice that Smith can have her removed post appeal.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
she's blisteringly stupid about it.
Yup. She wanted to drop this on Monday morning so he could spend the duration of the convention shouting about "total exoneration", but this decision is appealable, and the charges will be re-filed.

Had she waited until a jury was empaneled to dismiss on whatever made-up grounds were convenient, that would have been the end of it, because then double jeopardy would have applied, so there could be no retrial.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Just gonna leave this here:

gkqb9c60fqcd1.jpg

Top Bottom