Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, Fox hitched their wagons to Trump and his cronies, and got nailed with multiple lawsuits that will cost them over a BILLION dollars (They paid Dominion some $780 million in settlement, Symantec hasn't been addressed yet, but I expect a similar settlement offer).

A Democratic president won't fire up the ratings, but then can maintain their usual BS without worrying about paying out the ass later.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
They're really in a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't position at this point. On one hand, the News Corp top brass are probably not, and probably never have been, part of the cult themselves. They're too smart for that. (Which really says something about all the public figures that aren't.) But they also have to pander to their target audience, which is still mostly die-hard cultists. They're not the only right-wing media outlet in America. Counting on their audience to be too lazy to stop watching and find somewhere else to get their "news" gives them some wiggle room to question Trump's policies, but it's a tricky balancing act.

And then there's the question of what the implications are if Trump is serious about his plans to become a dictator. How likely he is to succeed, what the fallout will be for his purported allies if he fails, and whether News Corp is actually in a good position to reap any benefits under the United States of Trumpland. Dude's probably going to want a State Media, after all, and as the owners of both the highest-rated news channel in the country and a number of prominent newspapers, just promoting News Corp into that position would be the laziest way to do that. And we all know Trump prefers the lazy option. But it will definitely come with the stipulation that they fire everyone that he remembers not consistently kissing his ass, and that anyone caught questioning him afterwards might get worse than that.

It's funny, actually, when you think about it. All other factors being equal, a news outlet dedicated to bashing Democrats is going to get the best ratings if the Democrats in question are actually in power. But because words have power, if they bash them too effectively, the Democrats won't stay in power. And also also, News Corp isn't just hitching their wagon to the right because it's good for ratings; they're doing it because those are the people whose policies they personally support. Except for the one loudmouth who happens to be the de facto head of the party at the moment.

Last edited:

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
OK, so if I understand what he's saying correctly, it wasn't that he is intending to set up a dictatorship and abolish elections, it's that he just wants to be elected this time so he can rig everything in his favour and then he doesn't care if anyone votes in the 2028 election because he won't be involved and it will be someone else's problem.

I mean, considering what happened in 2020, I still assume that he'd decide he hasn't done enough by 2028 and the election is cancelled...

Paladin

Citizen
Was this filmed on Opposite Day? Why is Fox ******* News of all media outlets pushing back on Trump?

on top of the lawsuits Rupert Murdochs' 93 years old & his kids are in full conflict over who gets what when he finally kicks the bucket.

Heir apparent is apparently a big Donald like his dad fan but the younger ones can see how supporting Donald has actually been bad for the network because, you know- lawsuits.

Teufel

Citizen
That didn't take long.

Former President Trump on Wednesday mocked Vice President Harris’ heritage during a live interview Wednesday at the National Association of Black Journalists convention, telling the Chicago gathering that she “happened to turn Black.”

ABC News correspondent Rachel Scott pressed Trump on comments from other Republicans that Harris was a “DEI hire” and was only elevated to the top of the Democratic ticket because of her race and gender.

“I’ve known her a long time indirectly. Not directly very much,” Trump said.

“She was always of Indian heritage. And she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black. And now she wants to be known as Black,” Trump said.

“So I don’t know, is she Indian, or is she Black,” he continued.

.“She has always identified as a Black woman,” Scott interjected.

“But you know what, I respect either one. But she obviously doesn’t. Because she was Indian all the way then all of a sudden she made a turn. And she became a Black person. And I think somebody should look into that,” Trump said, criticizing Scott’s “hostile” and “nasty” tone.

People tried something like this with Obama in the primary and general election way back when like being multi-racial is some great mystery or somehow makes you inauthentic.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Unless its to debate an Indian-Jamaican-American woman. If that happens, he finds it too unfair to show up.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I'm beginning to wonder if someone within the Trump campaign is either simply stupid or is actively trying to get Kamala elected. The way that image is composed exudes positive vibes, not exactly what you think the Trump campaign would like to convey, especially given the garbage that has been coming out Trump's mouth.

Paladin

Citizen
by Sunday tops Donald or one of his toadies will be trying to measure Vice President Harris' skull.

Top Bottom