Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Axaday

Citizen
Double negatives are difficult. He probably considered it, but realized in time that he didn't want to say that very few communists would want to hear her.

Axaday

Citizen
He came so close to being eligible for that Congressional Medal a few weeks ago. You'd think it would have given him some perspective.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

he gets back in; January 6th becomes a national holiday to "honor the brave protestors."
The fundraiser, which starts at $1,500 a ticket, is intended to “help cover costs and support the defendants and their families, with exclusive benefits and recognition at the gala.”
Relax. It's just another grift.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
trumpsouth.jpg
Is he disintegrating? Is that what happens when everyone starts paying attention to someone else?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
He knows the payout from the truth social sale is going to be pennies on the dollar when he can actually do it: and he so deluded he thinks those crypto bros got away with it. Go ahead donny, start up an outright ponzi scheme, and let's add to those 54 pending criminal counts!

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
and he so deluded he thinks those crypto bros got away with it
To my recollection, most of them have. I mean, all the big-name cryptocurrencies are still in operation, and most of them are even still going up in value last I checked. Considering the entire concept of crypto (and investing in general, but that's another rant) is a giant pyramid scheme, "got away with it" is how I'd describe the situation.

Axaday

Citizen
But he isn't going to be making bitcoin. He will be running a scam like the one that did get in trouble. Crypto is weird, but it isn't criminal.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He did it. RFK Jr. dropped out and his throwing his support behind Trump.

He just confirmed the rumors he's been offered a position in a second Trump administration. He says they've had multiple in-person meetings. He then reached out to the Harris campaign, but they wouldn't speak with him.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
He never had a shot in hell anyway. His only purpose was to try to draw votes away from Biden. Now that Biden dropped and Harris is surging ahead, dividing the vote isn't a viable strategy anymore.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
He's not even fully dropping out from what I can tell from this rambling mess of a whatever the **** it is. Just removing his name in swing states and encouraging his voters to go to Trump.

I swear RFK Jr. Is crazy even by normal Goa'uld standards.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yes. He's technically still in the race, but he's encouraging his supporters to vote for Trump, but only in swing states. That's... something. Have we ever seen a third party candidate openly do that?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Given recent polling he wasn't enough of a spoiler to change the outcome, though we shouldn't get complacent.

Axaday

Citizen
Have we ever seen a third party candidate openly do that?
Ross Perot is the only 3rd Party candidate in our time that was a real factor. I would suppose there is some analysis out there about what he was doing. I saw someone refute once that Perot really made Clinton win in 1992, which had always been what people told me at the time. Perot can't have thought he was going to win. I hardly think he could've thought he would do as well as he did.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Honestly, getting on the ballot as a protest vote only in states that are going to go solid red or blue anyway is a decent idea, and one I wish more people had the money and chutzpah to do. Provides a way for people to express their discontent with the two-party system without the risk of actually throwing the election.

Doesn't have quite the same effect from someone who's already accepted an offer to work for one of his opponents, though.

Top Bottom