Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Axaday

Citizen
It's a funny soundbyte, but he was better in context.

I don't know if it is the TRUTH. Well, at least I am pretty sure that Kamala Harris wasn't personally involved, but he didn't just say "They promised I would get to lie". He said they were only legal because Harris decided to make them legal. Substitute Harris to some immigration authority and what he said is truthy if not actually true.

Anonymous X

Citizen
Sailing close to using the awful ephitet Bongo Bongo Land (no idea if that’s a known term in North America, but here it’s a Tory/Reform racist term for generic Africa country).

Axaday

Citizen
I wonder whether someone running for President of the United States has ever admitted they didn't know where another country was without being asked a question.

NovaSaber

Citizen
mass-deportation-to-reduce-demand.png

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
To the public. Doesn't matter to the public. The prosecutors, the lawyers: it matters to them. And when the trial finally happens: it'll matter to all of us.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
According to a document unsealed in federal court on Wednesday, on 7 December 2020, Giuliani tried to send a message urging someone unspecified to help in the plan to appoint a slate of fake electors.

Prosecutors said Giuliani failed to send the message because “he put the wrong number into his phone,” prosecutors wrote.
Fantastic work, Rudy.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
"So I need you to pass a joint resolution from the legislature that states the election is in dispute, there’s an ongoing investigation by the legislature, and the Electors sent by Governor Whitmer are not the official electors of the state of Michigan and do not fall within the Safe Harbor deadline under Michigan law."

"New phone. Who dis?"​

Axaday

Citizen
Rudy is such an amazing story. The guy built a RICO case and took down the mob in the 80s or 90s. Rose up to be mayor of NYC and at the most amazing time. He was a steady hand on and after 9/11, broadly respected, finished his time and could have just retired and there'd be people on the left that would sometimes talk about the things he did that they didn't like but in general he would be remembered as a pretty successful guy.

Runs for President, looks like the front runner, trips on a scandal and drops out before it's even the election year. He could still have retired with a lot of dignity.

----====----====-----

=====----====---====

Comes in to be Trump's lawyer when no one else will, works feverishly on fraudulent and felonious conspiracy, gets sued for all of his assets and loses, loses his law license, hair dye dripping down his face, sticks with Trump.

Gets indicted in a.....RICO case.

If I am betting not TOO much money, I say the guy is going to go to prison. But even if he doesn't. Dignity is just over, man.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Looking at all the other public figures who latched on to Trump despite not already being the type you'd expect it from—Scott Adams, Kid Rock, Kanye, the Sinfest guy, arguably Elon Musk—I am seeing a pattern emerge. These were all people whose star was waning or who had already said or done something boneheaded enough to cost them a significant chunk of their credibility. People who may have believed, rightly or wrongly, that they had nothing left to lose. In Rudy's case, I could see him being narcissistic enough for his failed run for President to be a much bigger collapse of his public image in his own mind than it was in the public's.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I mean, Trump himself, too. As much as he's been *the* go-to figure of mockery for a sleezy businessman for decades, he still would've been considered at least a businessman if he hadn't run for President. Now all of his years and years of scandals are dragged out into the light, so as soon as he loses this election and the Republican party no longer has a reason to prop him up for their own gain, it's all gonna fall apart. It really was just about the worst thing he could've done for his own legacy.

Axaday

Citizen
I mean, Trump himself, too. As much as he's been *the* go-to figure of mockery for a sleezy businessman for decades, he still would've been considered at least a businessman if he hadn't run for President. Now all of his years and years of scandals are dragged out into the light, so as soon as he loses this election and the Republican party no longer has a reason to prop him up for their own gain, it's all gonna fall apart. It really was just about the worst thing he could've done for his own legacy.
Especially if he goes to jail.

Top Bottom