Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
So he doesn't even have a valid excuse for being late..... He was just letting Joe Rogan agree with him for a few hours and lost track of time.... Hopefully a few of his rally-goers get fed up with his inconsiderate behavior and decide to either not vote, or vote for Kamala. Granted a lot of the people who attend his rallies are so far into the cult that I doubt being inconvenienced by a totally avoidable delay would change their minds at all.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters."

The only factual statement Trump has ever made.

Axaday

Citizen
So he doesn't even have a valid excuse for being late..... He was just letting Joe Rogan agree with him for a few hours and lost track of time.... Hopefully a few of his rally-goers get fed up with his inconsiderate behavior and decide to either not vote, or vote for Kamala. Granted a lot of the people who attend his rallies are so far into the cult that I doubt being inconvenienced by a totally avoidable delay would change their minds at all.
Yeah, no one at his rally can change their mind as fast as you are hoping. They are already his supporters largely because of how difficult it is for them to change their minds.

Edit - Egad, I feel like I've had an epiphany here. How deep this goes. Trying to change a Trump voter's mind isn't difficult simply because they've drunk his Koolaid. Having trouble changing their minds is the thing that attracted them to him in the first place.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

Trump didn't make these voters, he appealed to their extant habits and attitudes. His core voter base, his cult: they were ALWAYS the kind of people to think they knew more, and were always right even when the evidence was there telling them they were wrong. Trump just coopted it, and made it about HIM. He drew in a good number of folks who could be made to think critically, not because he offered them anything, but because he took over the republican party. But some of the ones still capable of critical thought have walked away, probably more than I'm giving credit for.

Even some government agencies have admitted that it's a cult, and you can't ask them to leave it, you have to deprogram them.

Top Bottom