Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Speaking of cults culting:

TL;DR: House Republicans want to:
  • Rename areas of water around the U.S. after Trump
  • Rename Dulles Airport after Trump
  • Put Trump's portrait on a $500 bill
  • Award Trump the Congressional Gold Medal

Can they get to the mass suicide phase already?

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Currently there is a rule that no living person can be on currency. I don't know how easy that would be to repeal, but there must be some kind of hierarchy to the system. It'd be kind of silly to pass a law that says you can't pass certain kinds of laws, because you can just easily write that certain kind of law and prepend it with "First off, the law that says we can't pass this law is repealed. Now then..."

Ironbite4

Citizen
Well guys, it's over. Trump had a cowboy ride in and has quashed the Hush Money verdict. So sad. We're doomed.

Now that I've done my best Paladin impression, yeah this gets tossed before it's even filed. Missouri doesn't have standing to sue New York for following it's own laws and if anyone allows this to go through, you've just made the entire legal system moot.

Ironbite-dude's performing for Trump in hopes of getting either a DoJ job or Federal Bench Appointment.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The fact that he's tapping that kind of resource just goes to show how desperate he is. He'll burn political clout like coal until... and say it with me, trump loses in november.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Maybe it's just a trick to indirectly get the New York case in front of the Supreme Court faster than it would get there through normal appeals. Maybe he's hoping they'll do that thing again where they use a case in front of them to decide an issue that's not in front of them.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
At the least, running it up to the Supreme Court will delay any further proceedings. Delay is Trump's main strategy right now

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Come Aug. 6, voters will decide to stay with Bailey or put their support behind Will Scharf, Trump's attorney who has been a mainstay in the news counterpunching for the gag-ordered convicted presidential contender.

Come on, Missouri. This can't be the best you can do. It just can't.

Paladin

Citizen
And the cult is hard at work insisting the Emperor still has only the best clothing.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
And the cult is hard at work insisting the Emperor still has only the best clothing.
So if Trump gets sent to prison, is that already covered or will they have to add a new rule that Trump's accomodations must be referred to as his "temporary high-security holiday home"?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Come on, Missouri. This can't be the best you can do. It just can't.
Speaking as a kansan, with that historical dislike sown deep since childhood, no they really can't.
Missouri (and I'll say this grudgingly) much like Kansas, has a few areas/cities where progress has been made. However, in between there are a ton of agriculture based towns that live in the NewsMax/Infowars sphere. And when the plowing is done, many of those people have nothing but time to let their feelings be known.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I would be willing to call that a “context issue” rather than an overt play to appease Trump. He did NOT, in fact, say “White Supremecists/Neo Nazis are very fine people”. He used the term for BOTH sides of the protest (Which, by virtue of one side BEING predominantly of that group, lead to the inference of Trump stating White Supremecist/Neo Nazis are “very fine people”).

Edit: Snopes amended the article TWO DAYS ago (a day after the article’s publication), reflecting the context of the article.

Top Bottom