Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Axaday

Citizen
@Teufel Yeah, because pointing out obvious contradictions in the Secret Service's story is totally the same as inventing wild conspiracy theories. After their embarrassing lapse in the first assassination attempt, they’ve got every reason to try and save face, so asking for clarity isn’t exactly out of left field.

@Ultra Magnus13 The point is, the story changed. First, the guy had a rifle aimed at Trump, and now suddenly there was no line of sight.
Why no reply to me? I have never seen the first story and so have never seen that it changed. Can the claim be substantiated?

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
@Teufel Just to clarify, this isn’t about gun politics. The issue my friend raised is more about the consistency of the Secret Service's statements and whether we can trust the information they’re putting out. Breaking news can be chaotic, sure, but when the narrative shifts like this, it’s natural to question why. It’s not about a “sinister plot” but more about holding authorities accountable for the information they provide.

@Axaday He didn't cite an article, but I found this:

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said the US Secret Service agents fired at a man pointing an AK-style rifle with a scope as Trump was on the course.

I can see how a reader might interpret that as "pointing a gun at Trump."

Teufel

Citizen
@Teufel Just to clarify, this isn’t about gun politics. The issue my friend raised is more about the consistency of the Secret Service's statements and whether we can trust the information they’re putting out. Breaking news can be chaotic, sure, but when the narrative shifts like this, it’s natural to question why. It’s not about a “sinister plot” but more about holding authorities accountable for the information they provide.

If the narrative shifts. I'm 97% sure this is something FB Friend imagined and it sent him down a rabbit hole, which makes the "not a conspiracy theorist, but" preface funny.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
It would also require Democrats to grow something resembling a spine. They're paranoid of what's going to happen to their reputation if they prosecute a rival candidate for the presidency, which Trump is never not going to be so long as a Democrat is in charge of the DOJ.

Axaday

Citizen

I don't really know what to say. You, like me and Teufel, could not find substantiation. I don't think Sheriff Bradshaw has much responsibility for how a reader might interpret something and I don't think he was there and I don't think the Secret Service has much responsibility for his statement that is probably just confused. I don't know anything about Sheriff Bradshaw. Maybe he craves attention and ran out to break the news or maybe someone confronted him with a microphone and he just gave his understanding?He probably shouldn't have said anything at all, but it really doesn't resemble a story changing to me. The first thing I saw was that there'd been another assassination attempt and really pretty soon there was the statement that has persisted the whole time.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
The stable genius is hallucinating audiences now.

Harris's comment about people leaving his rallies must've hit him harder than we thought.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Jesus his brain is just....wow. He really was looking forward to taking on Biden.

Ironbite-even if he gets' elected, I give it 6 months before the GOP 25ths him.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Jesus his brain is just....wow. He really was looking forward to taking on Biden.

Ironbite-even if he gets' elected, I give it 6 months before the GOP 25ths him.

I wish I could believe that there's anything Trump could do that would get the GOP to 25th him.

Top Bottom