Transformers: Age of the Primes toyline discussion Update with Commander and Titan listings

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Unless it's absolutely amazing, I'll probaby pass. Don't have the space for too many titans and being another Optimus isn't going to help matters.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I'm reasonably interested in the idea of a Titan Star Convoy. Sure, it'd be another Prime, but it's a design that hasn't reached saturation point yet. He's always been a curiosity to me, and I would at least like to see what the current team could do at that price point.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
TJ Omega pointed out something about this Titan Star Convoy release that I have to agree with. The name Hasbro opted to go with for it is "Star Optimus Prime". While an accurate westernization of the original name, it's frankly boring. A name TJ proposed that would have not only sounded cooler but would have paid homage to Star Convoy's original team is "Battlestar Optimus Prime".

But, if I had to guess, Battlestar Galactica may already hold a grip on that word's trademark for merchandise.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They probably wanted to keep things simple and since the only people who’d care are the nerds who’d know what toyline subgroup Star Convoy’s from anyway, there’s no benefit to complicating matters.

Also because we’re not getting Sky Gary and The Box so it’s a moot point.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Star/Stellar Upgrade Optimus Prime might also have been workable, and has precedent from Siege's Galaxy Upgrade.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
They probably wanted to keep things simple and since the only people who’d care are the nerds who’d know what toyline subgroup Star Convoy’s from anyway, there’s no benefit to complicating matters.

Also because we’re not getting Sky Gary and The Box so it’s a moot point.

just imagine if the DID make Sky Garry and The Box - like a Titan-sized three pack of all three bots together.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Should have been Sky Gary. Clearly it's a common Transformers name. They had to add "Sky" to it as a differentiator.

"So I was talking to Gary the other day..."
"Wait, Big Gary or Sky Gary?"
"Sky Gary. So anyway, I says to Gary, I says...."
"Sky gary convoy or sky gary galaxy?"

"... the red one..."

"Crimson or rose?"

"I hope unicron eats you first."

Glitch

Citizen
Remember this from 2019?
1727809721275.png

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
TJ Omega pointed out something about this Titan Star Convoy release that I have to agree with. The name Hasbro opted to go with for it is "Star Optimus Prime". While an accurate westernization of the original name, it's frankly boring. A name TJ proposed that would have not only sounded cooler but would have paid homage to Star Convoy's original team is "Battlestar Optimus Prime".

But, if I had to guess, Battlestar Galactica may already hold a grip on that word's trademark for merchandise.
Yeah, I doubt NBC Universal's letting anyone else use "Battlestar."

Now if they wanna do a Collab and toss us some transforming Colonial Vipers and Cylon Raiders...

Top Bottom