Transformers: Age of the Primes toyline discussion Update with Commander and Titan listings

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
just imagine if the DID make Sky Garry and The Box - like a Titan-sized three pack of all three bots together.
I was imagining that as soon as we heard about this.
I'd have just called him Star Convoy or if that didn't get through legal... Battlestars Optimus Prime
I think the reason why that is likely out as an option has been sufficiently covered already.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just want to see it.

Why did Pulsecon have to reveal nothing? What's next on the convention schedule?

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Haha. I am clearly the latter then. :)

Star Convoy I am very much looking forward too. My gen selects Super/Ultra Megatron needs his nemesis since, while the retool of POTP Prime as Star Convoy was interesting, this will be better.

How they’ll work in Grandus and Sky Garry, is going to be intriguing.

Hmm. Hasbro has a lot of figures that function as power ups as well as figures waiting in the wings haven’t they. Armada Prime has Jetfire and Overload. Star Convoy has Grandus and Sky Garry. Admittedly, the latter aren’t quite as necessary as the former, but they are needed for Battlestars.

Ah well. Time will tell.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Someone on another board proposed that the reason Star Convoy is being released as a Titan is because it could actually be a three-pack of all three Battlestars together: Star Convoy, Grandus, and Sky Garry (similar to how SS86 Hook and Long Haul are being released together as a single Commander class two-pack), with the "Star Optimus Prime" name being used on its own (instead of all three names together) simply because the Optimus Prime name has enough marketing power to work on its own.

But then, someone else proposed the idea of not including Sky Garry and later selling him separately as a Leader class, leaving the Titan class set to consist of just Star Convoy and Grandus. This, I feel, could work to allow for more of the mass and the budget to go into just two figures instead of splitting it up further between three figures. While Sky Garry is needed to complete the trio's "Battlestar Attack" formation, Star Convoy and Grandus on their own have their own other unique formation shared between just the two of them, so a two-pack of just them two would still feel enough like a complete package when taking that into account. Sky Garry as a separate Leader class release would then just be like DLC for the Titan set.

Top Bottom