Transformers: Age of the Primes toyline discussion Update with Commander and Titan listings

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
But Grandus needs to be a Titan all on his own!

Honestly, though, a pack of a reasonable sized Star Convoy with a giant Grandus accessory would probably be something I would buy.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Yeah, good luck marketing that. "Buy a box that turns into a standing box or a standing open box! Based on the characters that killed the G1 franchise in Japan! Only $200!"

That said, if Star Convoy is about Deathsaurus-sized, That'd leave enough mass to make a pretty big Grandus and have some plastic leftover for Micromaster Hot Rod.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think they all saw how wild people went for a robot that turned into a Walmart exclusive rectangle that came with other rectangles, and decided to go for broke with a giant cube.

That, or CoffeeHorse finally got that blackmail material on the Transformers team he was looking for.

Either way, let's go, Grandus. With Star Convoy accessory.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, good luck marketing that. "Buy a box that turns into a standing box or a standing open box! Based on the characters that killed the G1 franchise in Japan! Only $200!"

That said, if Star Convoy is about Deathsaurus-sized, That'd leave enough mass to make a pretty big Grandus and have some plastic leftover for Micromaster Hot Rod.

Well, he doesn't HAVE to be a 1:1 replication of the original. "Land-based aircraft carrier" is a pretty awesome sci-fi altmode, so I can definitely see the potential in an updated design.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Wasn't there talk of Hasbro making Titans smaller? It wouldn't surprise me if Star Convoy is a smaller figure sold for a slightly cheaper price. Titan class is not like other classes: they're essentially stand-alone releases, so they don't need to maintain a specific price-point or size between years.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Wasn't there talk of Hasbro making Titans smaller? It wouldn't surprise me if Star Convoy is a smaller figure sold for a slightly cheaper price. Titan class is not like other classes: they're essentially stand-alone releases, so they don't need to maintain a specific price-point or size between years.
I'm one of the people who was perfectly fine with Commander class Rodimus because I felt the budget packed into a smaller figure. So I'd be down for what a Titan budget could get us at a traditional Commander or even Leader size.

Badgertron

Citizen
I still feel like we need two commanders a year to get through all the big guys (it's been moving this way a bit, but it's still one every say nine months, instead of every six months). Especially if they want to do all the combiner leaders and truck bots in that scale.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Star Convoy/Grandus set with Micromaster Rodimus and Sky Garry done separately? I like that better than trying to do all three in one box.

Though if Micromaster Rodimus is part of it. I kinda hope they make him more modern MiniCon, rather than modern Micromaster. Since that would end up as a cool figure.

Speaking of MiniCons. With Armada Wheeljack out, and that with SG Sideswipe already having the MiniCon tooling there. We now have MiniCons needed are:

Sparkplug for Optimus
Jolt for regular Hot Shot
Drillbit for Titan Metroplex
Leader-1 for Megatron
Clench for Galvatron
Swindle for Starscream
Wind Sheer for Wheeljack
Ram Jet for Titan Tidal Wave

I kniw it’ll never happen, but me personally, I’d much prefer a new fully chrome gold Corona Sparkplug over regular Sparkplug.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I could have done with seeing a BM Skydive based Wingfinger and maybe a clear green one before losing these. And I wish we'd gotten more Modulator molds (not just redecos of the same), but since they ditched Micromasters, I guess that's not likely.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I am amused by the idea of Hasbro trying to sell a character named "Sky Garry" on his own. Like sure, as part of a massive three pack it could be "STAR OPTIMUS PRIME AND THE ASTRO AUTOBOT STRIKE FORCE" or something but just selling a robot named "Garry" on his own is funny to me.

Top Bottom