Transformers Collaborative thread (Agent Knight - Transformers x Knight Rider)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Takara are Lazy and Overprice Their Products.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Out of the reveals, the only one that intersts me is Shield D Prime, thou I have no doult they'll likely retool that later down the line for a legacy release as Leobreaker from Cybertron/Galaxy Force, of course, the customary repaint for Lio Convoy and then the Nemesis Convoy

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I still want to get the Bison-Vega/Ryu 2-pack if I can find it at a decent price. Those four were very cool redecos (even if Ken/Hot Rod was 88% the same colors) and made me want more.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, weird story, back when I was a little kid, I got a black "T-Rex" toy that was made of soft plastic or rubber, with a hole in its belly so a kid could stick it on their thumb and battle it with other kids' dinos, sort of a prehistoric thumb wrestling thing. This weird little toy was my "Godzilla" toy until it got replaced by the Trendmaster figures of the 90s.

I say that because this Megatron reminds me of that "Godzilla" from way back then.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Just gonna mention that Godzilla's coloring IS black (or charcoal, because he's a burn victim), because the 1954 Godzilla was a black and white movie and that carried through to most Japanese movies prior to the modern era where he continued to be black, (maybe sometimes being tinged green)

What color is Godzilla?
Godzilla is usually portrayed as being either charcoal gray or black in color. Godzilla being green is a stereotype that started as early as the 1956 American poster for Godzilla, King of the Monsters!. Godzilla was never depicted as green in a Japanese film until 1999's Godzilla 2000: Millennium and 2000's Godzilla vs. Megaguirus. Godzilla was green in several pieces of American media, including the Hanna-Barbera Godzilla cartoon, Marvel's Godzilla, King of the Monsters comic, and Dark Horse's various Godzilla comics. Godzilla has also been represented as green in some Japanese media, often posters, promotional stills, video games such as Godzilla-kun and Godzilla vs. 3 Giant Monsters, and animation like Get Going! Godzilland. Other media, such as the 1988 video game Godzilla: Monster of Monsters!, depict Godzilla as light blue in color.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Technically, the original Godzilla suit was brown but since the film was in black and white, he turned out dark gray/black.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
Technically, the original Godzilla suit was brown but since the film was in black and white, he turned out dark gray/black.
"Actual" colors in B&W movies can be tricky-- sometimes the art direction would have odd colors because they showed better contrast or otherwise looked better on-screen.

So color stills (or actual costumes, props, etc.) of a B&W movie set may not be an accurate reflection of the intention.

ANYWAY wow, they sure are milking that Laser Op mold, huh?

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
They used milk to represent the Rain in Singin’ in the rain for the same reason. Water didn’t show up well on film.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
They used milk to represent the Rain in Singin’ in the rain for the same reason. Water didn’t show up well on film.
Apparently that's an urban myth, they had to backlight the water.

Shadewing

Citizen
"Actual" colors in B&W movies can be tricky-- sometimes the art direction would have odd colors because they showed better contrast or otherwise looked better on-screen.

So color stills (or actual costumes, props, etc.) of a B&W movie set may not be an accurate reflection of the intention.

ANYWAY wow, they sure are milking that Laser Op mold, huh?

I recall that the Addam's Family House in the old 60's show was painted pink, becuase it allowed better contrast

Top Bottom