Transformers Collaborative thread (Agent Knight - Transformers x Knight Rider)

Blot

Citizen
It feels weird saying Hasbro's doing more high effort stuff, but in this case they genuinely are. Even when their Collabs are just remolds, they're pretty extensive.

I feel like a Takara JP crossover would be just be Optimus Prime with the JP logo somewhere on the trailer.
I like that the Collab line is usually so full of effort we just memory-holed the likes of Tonkanator.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The mismatched colors on that Optimus remind me of his RobotMasters Lucky Draw figure:

Crayola_convoy.jpg

Or those of Toys"R"Us Prime and Jeffrey Prime:

RID15-toy_ToysRUsPrime.jpg

TFAdv-toy_GeoffreyPrime.jpg

Shadewing

Citizen
I like that the Collab line is usually so full of effort we just memory-holed the likes of Tonkanator.

TBF Re-releasing the G1 molds for that I feel negates the "just a repaint" element somewhat as its been a awhile since they'd have any sort of official release.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
TBF Re-releasing the G1 molds for that I feel negates the "just a repaint" element somewhat as its been a awhile since they'd have any sort of official release.
It had only been four years since the Vintage G1 Devastator release in 2018 when Tonkanator came out in 2022.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
If i had to guess, Tonkastator didn’t get much hype since it was just a mold reuse in colors we’ve already seen before.

Also, Tonka is more a brand of toy than an IP with its own fictional universe.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Another AMAZING collaboration TF might be coming out from those hardworking peeps at Takara Tomy! Who needs all those film and TV crossover figures from America when we get spoilt by releases like THIS!

View attachment 23107
(More info is here.)
Know what bugs me here?

It's not the garishness.

It's not the mis-matched limbs.

It's how the grill/abs and bumper/waist are completely different colors between his robot and truck modes.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Good luck. Only 10 exist. ;)
No, out of the Earthrise Op.

Put it on the list along with Magna Convoy and white cab Magnus (I know we got both as part of the Magnus releases. I want them from this mold) and Pepsi Convoy.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yup. The front of the robot mode feet fold into the dino's back. I mean I guess it'd look cool with the spines in front too. And I have no idea where the robot shoulder spikes come from -- does the dino neck split in half to run along each shoulder? Because flipping it back would also not let it lay flat along with the other spikes on the dino's upper back.

Or maybe if all the spines were like blast effects on 5mm pegs (love the idea of putting glow spikes on whoever or using them as weapons) but that's even more tooling on top of what this would call for.

All of which seems moot considering they didn't even really retool the alt mode for the current one at all.

Definitely looks better than "same dino just black", and Grim's dino stance can be fudged to kind of work as more classic vertical T-rex. But eh.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
The dinosaur arms are shrunken dinosaur legs. I don't think whoever photoshopped this thought it out beyond being a proof of concept.

Top Bottom