Transformers Collaborative (Transformers X Star Wars: The Mandalorian)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Dank farrik!
That looks so much better than all the previous attempts at Star Wars Transformers.

Dvandom

Citizen
It does look like it might share some engineering with Blurr, particularly in the legs, but with an entirely new mold. Also, the Pulse entry says it's 7.5" tall, Blurr is under 6". More likely it's a Voyager scale-up in the same way Kingdom Tigatron is similar to Kingdom Cheetor...sharing a lot of design elements, but not just a retool.

---Dave

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've been liking the recent trend of the Collaboration figures being their own characters instead of "Robot Luke Skywalker," but since all Mandolorians share the same "face" more-or-less, this one works either way. If you want it to be robotic Din Djarin, it can be. If you want it to just be a random Cybertronian that has a head modeled after the traditional Mandalorian helmet, it can be that, too.

Now, someone out there with the correct set of skills, digibash this into Cybertronian mode Hooligan!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Interestingly the box just calls it The Mandalorian, which may be new to Collaborative (existing character turning into their vehicle?). But to your point, it could jut as well be A Mandalorian...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Word has it the Star Wars higher-ups wouldn't let the Transformers team create a new character out of this set, like they did for several other Collaborative releases.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
It'll be a lot better than Hasbro's other Mandalorian crossover with BopIt, which believe it or not actually is a real thing, and in use looks like someone abusing a baby Yoda. It inspired this.

51938939868_36a7a34b22_h.jpg

But I am surprised that I don't see any obvious Grogu pairing. I'd expect at least a mini-figure and a Grogu targetmaster would have been awesome. Ah, well. Still better than my crossover:

51095069971_681effc9ad_k.jpg

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly, i would have much preferred the Razor Crest over the N-1. Though I do admit the N-1 have never really been a favourite SW fighter design for me.

Its a good figure though.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Takara Millennium Falcon was okay. And the Death Star Vader.

Anyway, this? Hasbro "make silver or grey areas without a horrible, horrible finish" challenge? Impossible. Some shiny paint ala Gigawatt would have *really* helped here, especially at the price point.

I do love Death Star Vader. There were a few decent ones in the mix, to be sure.

Badgertron

Citizen
I really, really wish they had given it a separate name, as there's no reason a Cybertronian COULDN'T become a Mandalorian, in universe (allowing for the crossover in general) since they're all adopted anyway. Much like Stardrive and the Space Knights in IDW.

For colours, would have loved a bit more dark gray to split up the lighter gray. I'm interested to see what Toyhax will do for adding detailing.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I really, really wish they had given it a separate name, as there's no reason a Cybertronian COULDN'T become a Mandalorian, in universe (allowing for the crossover in general) since they're all adopted anyway. Much like Stardrive and the Space Knights in IDW.
Word has it the Star Wars higher-ups wouldn't let the Transformers team create a new character out of this set, like they did for several other Collaborative releases.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I guess I do prefer that to the rumored "Mandrake". He can just be The Other Mandalorian.

The base figure is cool, but why is no one giving props to the TREMENDOUSLY novel integrating of the flight stand? Instead of a useless accessory, the flight stand becomes the cape and a shield.

That just so novel I can't help but not love it.
I mentioned it in the front page article I think, because that was the thing that most caught me off guard about it. Neat idea. (Do you mean you can't help but love it?)

Top Bottom