Transformers: EarthSpark

Dvandom

Citizen
1688831711797.png

---Dave

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I saw Megatron a couple times before I found Thrash. He's definitely the popular one of the Warrior assortment.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
He was Steve in Walmarts computer as well when I snagged him this week.

-ZacWilliam, it'd be a funny show if the humans gave them all human names.

RichardT519

Citizen
Spotted Warrior Megatron and Thrash this week at the local Target and some of the Walmarts.

In other topics, do y'all think we'll get some toy info in this evening's SDCC panel, or just cartoon info?

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Based on the panel descriptiion

All A-Bot Transformers: EarthSpark Panel: Thursday, July 20 at 5:30PM – 6:30PM | Room: 24ABC – Prepare for more Autobots, more Decepticons, and more Terrans! From Paramount+, Hasbro’s Entertainment One, and Nickelodeon, Transformers: EarthSpark is an original animated series based on the iconic global franchise. Catch this exclusive panel and screening of never-before-seen content. Attendees will also be treated to a sneak peek of behind-the-scenes visuals from upcoming new episodes, including the special one-hour season finale slated to debut exclusively on Paramount+ later this summer. Plus don’t miss the chance to participate in a Transformers-themed trivia contest– study up and come prepared to win awesome franchise swag

Gonna say no.

I'm curious who they're going to get to host this given the various strikes going on.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I'm curious who they're going to get to host this given the various strikes going on.
Let's see: they got.... uhhhhhh, nancy from accounting... and ummm, Jim that drives the food truck the teamsters get coffee from, and OH! They got the CEO's secretary! **** yeah.

Haywire

Citizen
I hope there are more Earthspark toys in the pipeline. Hashtag and Arcee deserve Warrior class figures, at least, not just the Tacticon finger puppets (they're better than I thought they would be, but still not as good as I want, oddly remind me of the tiny Gyrozetter figures).

Would really like a Core-size-class lineup of the Terrans and some of the more notable redesigns like Elita, Arcee, Soundwave, maybe Swindle and Hardtop. I miss the extensive Legion class offerings from Prime and RiD15, really wish we had something like that for Earthspark.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Based on the panel descriptiion

Gonna say no.

I believe there is a means that let them appear at conventions, but they can't preform their roles if they are apart of the Union, thou I'm not 100% sure about it!

RichardT519

Citizen
I hope there are more Earthspark toys in the pipeline. Hashtag and Arcee deserve Warrior class figures, at least, not just the Tacticon finger puppets (they're better than I thought they would be, but still not as good as I want, oddly remind me of the tiny Gyrozetter figures).
Also not having those characters in any larger class leads to play-pattern scale issues not seen since Beast Machines.

Haywire

Citizen
The characters all deserve larger figures if only to properly convey the nuances and details of the characters. For instance, Earthspark Arcee's "Princess Leia buns" appear to be designed to invoke the bullet detailing on many vintage cars.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I really would also like to see Hasbro revisit the concepts of the Cyberverse sub-line from DotM and Prime: the Legion and Commander classes for the figures, and larger vehicles/playsets that were compatible, all in one relatively affordable, closely-scaled series. For all the cool things that the modern Cyberverse series did, when they reduced the small-scale figures to gimmick-driven toys that don't properly transform (which should be gimmick enough in and of itself), they really did a disservice to us fans who collected that scale. Core scale in Legacy and Studio Series is a good start, but Earthspark's unique designs would be great to have Core versions, too.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
A new thought just crossed my mind, but this time about the characters in the cartoon rather the toyline.

This show basically divides its good guy cast into four categories that were also used for most of the cast of Rescue Bots Academy:

1. Rookies: Newcomers who are young, inexperienced, and being mentored to better understand the world and themselves. In RBA, these were the Recruits. In EarthSpark, these are the Terrans.

2. Mentors: Autobots who are older than the rookies, but still pretty young compared to the other Autobots, and are assigned by Optimus Prime to instruct and guide the rookies in their quests of personal growth. In RBA, these were Heatwave, Chase, Blades, Boulder, and the occasional guest teachers like Perceptor, Grimlock, and Ratchet. In EarthSpark, it's pretty much just Bumblebee for now.

3. Veterans: Older Autobots revered and respected by all the other good guys. They are war heroes and looked up to like legends and celebrities by the rookies. In RBA, this was mainly Optimus, though Wedge also saw Bumblebee in this light. In EarthSpark, these are Optimus, Megatron, Elita, Wheeljack, Arcee, and Grimlock thus far.

4. Humans: Exactly what it says on the tin. The human characters who support the rookies and are treated like family. While this was more prominent in RB with the Burns and Greene families, Cody was the sole member of this category in RBA since he was the only human in the show's main cast (all other humans were either just recurring or guest stars). In EarthSpark, it's Robby, Mo, Dot, and Alex (the other humans are, again, either just recurring or guest stars... or villainous).

I've no doubt that Nicole Dubuc's involvement in this show is the reason for these characters' categorical similarities.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
A new thought just crossed my mind, but this time about the characters in the cartoon rather the toyline.

This show basically divides its good guy cast into four categories that were also used for most of the cast of Rescue Bots Academy:

1. Rookies: Newcomers who are young, inexperienced, and being mentored to better understand the world and themselves. In RBA, these were the Recruits. In EarthSpark, these are the Terrans.

2. Mentors: Autobots who are older than the rookies, but still pretty young compared to the other Autobots, and are assigned by Optimus Prime to instruct and guide the rookies are their quests of personal growth. In RBA, these were Heatwave, Chase, Blades, Boulder, and the occasional guest teachers like Perceptor. Grimlock, and Ratchet. In EarthSpark, it's pretty much just Bumblebee for now.

3. Veterans: Older Autobots revered and respected by all the other good guys. They are war heroes and looked up to like legends and celebrities by the rookies. In RBA, this was mainly Optimus, though Wedge also saw Bumblebee in this light; in EarthSpark, these are Optimus, Megatron, Elita, Wheeljack, Arcee, and Grimlock thus far.

4. Humans: Exactly what it says on the tin. The human characters who support the rookies and are treated like family. While this was more prominent in RB with the Burns and Greene families, Cody is the sole member of this category in RBA since he's the only human in the show's main cast (all other humans are either just recurring or guest stars). In EarthSpark, it's Robby, Mo, Dot, and Alex (the other humans are, again, either just recurring or guest stars... or villainous).

I've no doubt that Nicole Dubuc's involvement in this show is the reason for these characters' categorical similarities.
Works for me!

Top Bottom