Transformers: EarthSpark

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Wanting to be able to discuss them is stopping him. If they drop one episode a week you can discuss the latest episode every week. With these Binge Batches you avoid all talk of the show until you're ready to be spoiled on the finale.

Glitch

Citizen
That's the fun of it speculating and musing. I'm surprised subscription services don't do it weekly anyway. People who binged shows like Babylon 5 or Lost missed out poor sods.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Why would they? The weekly schedule was based around broadcast structure and competition for prime slots in the week. Streaming completely eliminates that as a function of broadcasting: and the production schedules generally create episode dumps anyway. If the entire point is "watch it when you want it" from streaming anyway, of course it's going binge watching.

The beautiful thing is: you, individually, still get to define how you watch it. I generally don't do more than two at a time because then it all just becomes a blur and you miss details. You are in control of your content consumption.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Sigh. I really wish they'd stop dropping entire seasons or chunks and go back to weekly for everything. It's so much harder to find time to watch 6-10 episodes irregularly than to watch one a week (and even that can be difficult sometimes).

---Dave, also had Dragon Prince dropped on his plate this week...
Then just watch each one each week?

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
I was grooving on this season until

The new Mandroid showed up; that was too much, too fast. I was looking forward to him basically fully turning himself into a Transformer over time and getting an alt-mode, not turning himself into a weird stretchy monster in a liquid tank. It's like they got tired of that plotline and skipped past to the end, and then kept going. It really felt like they were setting up "Mandroid goes full robot, helps Croft win, Croft turns on Mandroid because he's just another robot, leaving him to choose between helping the cybertronians to save himself, or winding up in the same boat as them." Guess not.

Honestly it really felt like this was the end of the series, not the end of the season. I'm genuinely surprised there's going to be a season 2, unless they just jump straight into Autobots vs Decepticons again for some reason, there's no more villains. Speaking of which, did not expect Mandroid to absolutely murder his human co-conspirator though. That was surprising for a kids show. Like, I didn't feel great about seeing that, I wonder how I would have reacted if I was a wee youngin'.

But yeah, no villains besides the Decepticons - who are too easily made buddy buddy. LIke you show them even a modicum of compassion and suddenly they're all "Eh, let's chill out a bit. Even Starscream. Don't disagree with the message, but that kind of stuff takes timem. As mentioned by others, the status quo has been completely blown up at this point. I'm guessing the healing wave will have also created a bunch more Terrans, and cybertron is still out there, but yeah, weird ending that's probably going to cost this series my #1 favorite series spot in the end, but we'll see how Season 2 goes.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
As I said, it feels like they wanted to wrap everything up in case they didn't get a second season. If we ended here, there are no real loose threads, no lingering threat. But there is a lot that can be done.

We still got transformers prejustice that just not going to go away and without GHOST could be an even bigger presenc., we got Decepticons that could come around to not being the bad guys, but still having to adapt to not being the bad guys. Like the series spent much of the first season trying to treat the Decepticons as people and not just irredeemable villians, like Bumblebee being best friends with Breakdown who sacrifices himself to keep Bee safe; or Tarantulus who's antagonistic role was a complete misunderstanding overall; Frenzy and Laserbeak seemed to mostly just want to live normal lives. Not sure I'd call Starscream reformed, but he did bond with Hashtag some but it still feels like he's harboring his resentments from the War. There's wiggle room imo for him to still be antagonstic to the cast and plot. There is the possibility of Cybertron still existing. There could also be whatever threat there was to the Sharkticon's homeworld. There is what's gonna become of GHOST now that It's leader is gone. LIke its fine to assume they are gone for good if there's no continuation; but its equally possible for there to be rogue agents or someone trying to take over, or even John trying to remake/reform it into something better. There's still a lot of potential story to tell in this setting.

Also, I do want to say I love that we got a new version of the Dweller. That's an interesting and obscure creature to use. Maybe could be hinting to quintissons existing, which might also tie into the Quintus Prime plot stuff.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
As I said, it feels like they wanted to wrap everything up in case they didn't get a second season. If we ended here, there are no real loose threads, no lingering threat. But there is a lot that can be done.

We still got transformers prejustice that just not going to go away and without GHOST could be an even bigger presenc., we got Decepticons that could come around to not being the bad guys, but still having to adapt to not being the bad guys. Like the series spent much of the first season trying to treat the Decepticons as people and not just irredeemable villians, like Bumblebee being best friends with Breakdown who sacrifices himself to keep Bee safe; or Tarantulus who's antagonistic role was a complete misunderstanding overall; Frenzy and Laserbeak seemed to mostly just want to live normal lives. Not sure I'd call Starscream reformed, but he did bond with Hashtag some but it still feels like he's harboring his resentments from the War. There's wiggle room imo for him to still be antagonstic to the cast and plot. There is the possibility of Cybertron still existing. There could also be whatever threat there was to the Sharkticon's homeworld. There is what's gonna become of GHOST now that It's leader is gone. LIke its fine to assume they are gone for good if there's no continuation; but its equally possible for there to be rogue agents or someone trying to take over, or even John trying to remake/reform it into something better. There's still a lot of potential story to tell in this setting.

Also, I do want to say I love that we got a new version of the Dweller. That's an interesting and obscure creature to use. Maybe could be hinting to quintissons existing, which might also tie into the Quintus Prime plot stuff.

I'm assuming

The people that Mandroid "liberated" the Sharkticons from were the Quintessons, which he found due to a connection to the Emberstone/Quintus Prime.

Also that "I've been gone a year" was such a ridiculous, unexplained and unearned cheat. As you said, it really felt like they thought only had one season and decided to wrap everything up as fast as possible.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'm assuming

The people that Mandroid "liberated" the Sharkticons from were the Quintessons, which he found due to a connection to the Emberstone/Quintus Prime.

Also that "I've been gone a year" was such a ridiculous, unexplained and unearned cheat. As you said, it really felt like they thought only had one season and decided to wrap everything up as fast as possible.

Of course... now that I think about it, it could also be a window to bring him back. From Mandroid's POV he's been gone a year, but since he arrived back the day after he left; that technically means he's still out in space. So we could potentially get more of him at some point; maybe even see exactly how he went from The Cyborg he left at to the, whatever the f he was when he returned. It's a cheat, but its a cheat that can work in both directions.

Dvandom

Citizen
Yes, I have to avoid discussion until I can get caught up, and in some places (like social media) that means I might as well never get involved because the discussion will be long buried by the time I'm ready. It's a hassle enough when it takes me two or three days to get to a weekly episode, like Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Chunks feel like obligation, not fun.

Also, I'm about halfway through this chunk.

---Dave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The lack of any major villains going forward could be a sign that the show might try to move away from the done-to-death formula of "good guys and bad guys fighting each other" and try instead to go a whole new route, like how the IDW RID/Transformers/Optimus Prime and Windblade/Till All Are One comics actually tried to tackle the subject of the Autobot/Decepticon war being finally over and both sides having to figure out what to do with their lives in a post-war setting (with the occasional criminal and rabble-rouser popping up every now and then to stir up trouble in antagonist roles).

After all, both Rescue Bots and Rescue Bots Academy were able to successfully give us us two full series (at 104 episodes each, no less) that were completely devoid of any Autobot vs. Decepticon warfare, so it's not a completely impossible idea. And Nicole Dubuc worked on both of those series and is now working on this one too, making it even more of a possibility for this series.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd like to see the show change direction, if they do it well. Watching things fall apart into another Autobot/Decepticon war might hurt nicely if it feels like peace actually had a chance this time.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
In theory:

"Wouldn't the 'Healing wave' have healed Mandriod and the Sharkticons?"

Also, in regards to Mandriod:

Was hoping he'd just keep building himself up, so future Deluxe wave Build-a-figure pieces could clip-on/swap-out pieces of his BAF

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
In theory:

"Wouldn't the 'Healing wave' have healed Mandriod and the Sharkticons?"

Also, in regards to Mandriod:

Was hoping he'd just keep building himself up, so future Deluxe wave Build-a-figure pieces could clip-on/swap-out pieces of his BAF

It looks like Mandroid's organic components got damaged and that's what killed him, not his mechanical ones.

And the Sharkticons did get healed I thought; they were getting up with everyone else.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
AND ANOTHER THING!

Wouldn't the Maltobots be unaffected by the spacebridge-turned-energon weapon, since they don't run on Energon?

Also find it funny the Head of GHOST, who is obsessed with eliminating a race, is named Karen.

Echowarrior

Citizen
All episodes (up to 25-26) are up at YouTube. I'm not sure if they're geo-blocked for some though.

The most recent chunk is showing up for me. The rest, not so much.

AND ANOTHER THING!

Wouldn't the Maltobots be unaffected by the spacebridge-turned-energon weapon, since they don't run on Energon?

Also find it funny the Head of GHOST, who is obsessed with eliminating a race, is named Karen.

I suspect that's a coincidence.

Dvandom

Citizen
Okay, caught up.

The Terrans seem to have gotten nailed more because of proximity and the "it does more than just shut down Energon" effects, given that Thrash's interposition saved Twitch even though the effect was otherwise global.

---Dave, still has RotB and Dragon Prince to get through

Top Bottom