Transformers Galactic Trials: new console game

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Recently revealed trailer for Transformers Galactic Trials.

From the trailer it looks like there are racing and shooting segments. Its unclear whether the 2 modes are interconnected seamlessly or separated in a selection within a menu.

Its pleasant to see the push for more ladybots in the franchise, but really weird that we see relatively obscure characters like Flamewar and Nightbird before Starscream.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Its pleasant to see the push for more ladybots in the franchise, but really weird that we see relatovely obscure characters like Flamewar and Nightbird before Starscream.
I'm guessing those two were chosen in order to match up with Elita One and Arcee. And looking at the full roster, there aren't any flying characters at all, it seems.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Nighbird was in a movie recently at least.

Is it just me or did they not mention the developer in the trailer? I might have missed it but I had to do a Google search. It's Outright Games, makers of Earthspark - Expedition and a bunch of other licensed stuff.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've become a Tablet/Phone gamer and don't own any console beyond Xbox One. So far, this isn't making me want to run out and buy one either.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
There's a rumor flying around that the Cybertron games, Rise of the Dark Spark and Devastation got relisted on Steam, but I'm having difficulty determining if it actually got relisted or if people just stumbled upon a deprecated page and made assumptions.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I am not upset another Transformers is being published by Outright Games. They are not a 'Triple-A' publisher, I know they aren't, so I don't expect another War For Cybertron from them.

What they put out is neat little games, usually with licensed properties (TF, MLP, ST: Prodigy), with no monetization, not a huge time sink, and they're priced accordingly.

Really, only TF: Battlegrounds give me trouble and it's mainly the genre.

At least they're not Game Mill.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Tbh the gameplay in the trailer looks super sluggish. Makes me wish for a remaster of the War/Fall of Cybertron games.

Yeah I was kinda shocked this is getting released on consoles and isn't a mobile game. The (lack of) animation on the robot mode portions is staggeringly stiff and unfinished. Looks pretty trash TBH.

Top Bottom