Product Number: F9188

Tra Gen Studio Series Core TF4 Steeljaw
Product Number: F8752

Tra Gen Studio Series LDR 86 Springer
Product Number: F8774

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
The seeker is a little low effort but what about the rest of it?
The Quintesson dude looks to be a color swap of the Pit of Judgement bailiff. Cybertronian Empire is conceptually a deep cut but has a really simple color scheme.

They also used the designation "trooper" twice outside of Autotrooper and couldn't come up with a better name than "Troop Builder Multipack" for the troop builder multipack.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Why remake Springer? The Siege mold was perfectly fine.

Exactly. See, this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. You wanna re-do Springer for SS86? Fine, wipe all of the crap off of the Siege mold and call it good. But don't turn around a few years after you've already made a perfectly decent representation and go, "oh wait, we need to redo him and make him bigger and differenter." There are dozens of characters I'd rather see than to remake something like Springer.

Shadewing

Citizen
Exactly. See, this is the kind of stuff that pisses me off. You wanna re-do Springer for SS86? Fine, wipe all of the crap off of the Siege mold and call it good.

"Hi"
71aOR7OBs+L.jpg

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
A possible use for the extra Auto-Trooper head and that not-so-good Prowl?

View attachment 14591
That looks really good, I guess it'd look good on any Prowl (side eyes CW Prowl).

What existing mold from Siege to today could Hasbro have used to make such Vehicons?
Vehicon's are rather slender and skinny with tall shoulders, so while not perfect I think the Elita-1/Minerva mold would work, or make a new Vehicon and use Arcee/Road Rocket.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Leader Soundwave is interesting. My “safe” projection is a retool of Doubledealer for a Machine Wars/Universe 1 style update, especially with the ability to utilize the Siege Cassettes (maybe with some sort of new Selects offering?). Another option might be a repaint of the Earth-style Voyager plus a full set of Cassette companions.

I really can’t think of anything else Hasbro could do with that slot. Part of me would be astounded if they did a Cybertron based version, but I think we would have seen some sort of prefix descriptor if it wasn’t a G1 or G1 adjacent offering.

Hot Shot is an interesting choice, but I’ll have to wait and see how he turns out. Between GS CDF Hot Shot and the Armada based version just released, I’m not sure it would offer me anything the other two don’t.
Except maybe an Excellion repaint…

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
eader Soundwave is interesting. My “safe” projection is a retool of Doubledealer for a Machine Wars/Universe 1 style update, especially with the ability to utilize the Siege Cassettes (maybe with some sort of new Selects offering?). Another option might be a repaint of the Earth-style Voyager plus a full set of Cassette companions.

I really can’t think of anything else Hasbro could do with that slot. Part of me would be astounded if they did a Cybertron based version, but I think we would have seen some sort of prefix descriptor if it wasn’t a G1 or G1 adjacent offering.
In one of the last Pulse videos, they said they'd like to redo G1 Soundwave again in order to make him as tall as Kingdom/Legacy Voyager class Blaster, since Blaster is ever so slightly taller than Siege/Netflix/Legacy Soundwave.

Then again, when they said that, they were talking about doing it specifically for Studio Series 86, rather than the Legacy listing that this new Soundwave is, so who knows? Maybe it's Prime Soundwave.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I can't imagine Prime Soundwave being Leader class given how skinny and not particularly tall or complex he is. He doesn't even have as many minions, with just laserbeak and maybe Ravage if we go by Beast Hunters toys.

Last edited:

Top Bottom