Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think it's a toss up if those Retro 40th listings are for straight reissues, or something like the Retro Headmasters where we get a modern toy with retro packaging (something Walmart has carried before, like GI Joe Classified Retro figures)

The sad thing? I might be game for some modern toys in retro packaging.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
For a Few Leaks More by JtPrime17

They also drop some name hints, sounds like the Amazon capsule might be Mayhem Attack Squad related an Legacy Year 3's subtitle will indeed be "United"
Thanks for posting the info here and not just the link!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
United, with a Mayhem capsule. Interesting.

Ok, brainstorming time. According to the wiki here's a list of everyone whose ever been in any version of the mayhem Attack Squad:

Bludgeon
Octopunch
Stranglehold
Flywheels
Battletrap
Carnivac
Catilla
Snarler
Venom
Chop Shop
Needlenose
Spinister
Ruckus
Roadblock
Claw Jaw
Impactor
Leobreaker
Overbite
Polar Claw
Prowl (BW Owl)
Smolder
Stampy
Steamhammer
Tidal Wave
Tuskmaster
Windsweeper
Axer
Breakdown
Bugly
Knock Out
Roadgrabber
Skullgrin
Skyquake
Submarauder
Thunderblast

That is a GOOD list for both "Toys I'd Want" and "Guys Who Need Toys."

The obvious choices are the two Deluxe Insecticons, since the molds are there to work with and the team has been started. and Windsweeper cause same.

But there are a lot of other interesting choices too. Stampy from Core Tasmania Kid? Any of the Pretenders (especially Pretender Beasts) would be amazing.

-ZacWilliam, fun fun.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ok, brainstorming time. According to the wiki here's a list of everyone whose ever been in any version of the mayhem Attack Squad:

Bludgeon
Octopunch
Stranglehold
Flywheels
Battletrap
Carnivac
Catilla
Snarler
Venom
Chop Shop
Needlenose
Spinister
Ruckus
Roadblock
Claw Jaw
Impactor
Leobreaker
Overbite
Polar Claw
Prowl (BW Owl)
Smolder
Stampy
Steamhammer
Tidal Wave
Tuskmaster
Windsweeper
Axer
Breakdown
Bugly
Knock Out
Roadgrabber
Skullgrin
Skyquake
Skullgrin
Submarauder
Thunderblast

That is a GOOD list for both "Toys I'd Want" and "Guys Who Need Toys."

The obvious choices are the two Deluxe Insecticons, since the molds are there to work with and the team has been started. and Windsweeper cause same.

But there are a lot of other interesting choices too. Stampy from Core Tasmania Kid? Any of the Pretender Beasts would be amazing.

-ZacWilliam, fun fun.

My "don't expect this but I would love to get" list would definitely include Catilla and Carnivac. But yeah, I would take any of those that we don't already have good toys of.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If the capsule follows the same format as the Wreckers one, I can see a Bludgeon redeco, maybe a redecoed Skytread/Flywheels or Needlenose or Spinster (now with his Targetmaster partners), and a few Deluxe 2-packs with a mix of beasts and vehicles - Insecticon retools for Chop Shop and Venom, maybe a Beachcomber retool as Ruckus, Weirdwolf as Carnivac (we've had so many jungle cat based molds, but not many wolves of late)...

Off the top of my head idk what other molds are around to serve as bases but I'd love to see Snarler, Stranglehold, and Bugly.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Probably a comic-accurate Bludgeon with purple and no green. Reuse of the insecticon as the deluxe Insecticons molds sounds likely too. Axer can be made from Jazz for accuracy to the action master, though they can also make it a head retool of Lockdown/junkion.

That said, they might also throw in random new retools in there as new characters like the Wreckers set.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
There's local store listings for a Titans Return Fortress Maximus reissue, at contemporary titan class price, due December. Previous reissues of the Commanders like this ended up available globally, so he's going to be available for anyone who wants one.

Here's one with a website:

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Hmm, could be one of those "Let's use this mold one last time before a new version comes out" weirdness like we got with the Combiner Wars Dinobot team.

I wouldn't bet on that, I think there are characters more likely to be redone soon, but it was the first thought that crossed.

-ZacWilliam, it's not a really great version but I do love the character so I guess any version is better than nothing...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think Hasbro already released images of this combiner so my apologies if you've already seen them.

Image of Junkasaurus Junkions Combiner from Transformers Legacy Evolution (37)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of Junkasaurus Junkions Combiner from Transformers Legacy Evolution (38)__scaled_600.jpg

Reminds me of this.

zod-machine-men-enemy-robot-monster-bandai-boxed.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hmm, could be one of those "Let's use this mold one last time before a new version comes out" weirdness like we got with the Combiner Wars Dinobot team.

I wouldn't bet on that, I think there are characters more likely to be redone soon, but it was the first thought that crossed.

-ZacWilliam, it's not a really great version but I do love the character so I guess any version is better than nothing...
This was one of my first reactions as well. The other was "it's nice they're making high-demand old molds available again" because this did seem in line with the Jetfire and Sky Lynx (and Omega, I think?) reissues.

I guess if it's a straight reissue in the same packaging and all it gives more of that vibe, because the pattern for "we'll milk this one more time before releasing all new versions" tends to be a distinct subline or special release (Platinum, Movie The Best, the Hasbro Asia United sets).

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There's local store listings for a Titans Return Fortress Maximus reissue, at contemporary titan class price, due December. Previous reissues of the Commanders like this ended up available globally, so he's going to be available for anyone who wants one.

Here's one with a website:
I wouldn't mind another shot at one since I sold off all of mine during the purge of 2018.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Finally pre-ordered Frenzy off of BBTS. That Magnus is tempting, but I don't have the space right now.

Top Bottom