Transformers Legacy toyline

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
While the Rock Lords were mentioned in the stream as being one of the inspirations for the Armorizers, the first source of inspiration specified in the stream were the rock-based inhabitants of the planet Daira from the episode "My Friend Sixshot!" in the Japanese G1 cartoon Transformers: The Headmasters. The name "Infernac" (in reference to the Armorizers all having the words "Infernac Universe" written on their packaging) also comes from Inhumanoids, as the name of a realm located at the center of the Earth.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Specifically, these rock creatures:

HM32_Daniel_faces_rock_creature.jpg

HM32_Sixshot_shoots_giant_rock_creature.jpg

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
If they come up with some interesting colors I’ll bite. I skipped the Fossilizers in the mainline but loved the grape t-rex and orange triceratops.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I think in my mind the rock guys are gonna be from a world where the Inhumanoids more successfully attacked the surface and created a new Infernac Kingdom there, then it was Transformers (Bot and Con alike) vs Inhumanoids. These guys would be either beasts Metlar made to fight TFs or the result of Granites and Autobots teaming up and creating "Granitbots."

-ZacWilliam, there was a second part to this post and in the process of imagining Inhumanoids nonsense I have completely forgotten what is was gonna be.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Like I've lowkey been getting into Battle Beasts lately and I've personal canon'd the Monsterbots as Transtectors for White Leo, Platinum Tiger, and Hedgehog to command after getting Cybertronian enhancements. So the idea of more alien options who have their own distinct feel is 100% welcome,

Dake

Citizen
First and most importantly, I've preordered both Armorizers because I dig the idea and want to support them continuing to try new stuff. But I will admit I'm of two (or three) minds on them. On the one hand, I really want to see straight up Rock Lords revisited. I've always loved the idea of toys that turn into rocks which you can throw at your friends! I have a handful of them.

16463833_10212109310830807_1024036051581914380_o.jpg

That being said, they were also the flailing attempt at reenergizing a dying toyline that clearly didn't really work.

This is an interesting take on it. I'd love for them to have gone even further with the vehicle design though. I'd like to see even less-identifiable vehicle parts: make the wheels rolling boulders (or someone mentioned the Flintstones' car and that'd work too) and just slits for the windshield.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I’m sure someone will correct me, but isn’t United Wave 1 the first time in years (at least since the whole Themed year thing) that G1 has had NO representation across the ENTIRE product range of a given wave?
Core, Deluxe, Voyager, Leader, there are NO G1, or G1-adjacent (like comic iterations) characters on tap.

That just kind of stood out to me.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Windblade, technically, would be "G1-adjacent", since she's just her normal design with nothing particularly Cyberverse-y about her to really differentiate her from her G1 self.

But even then, she's not 1980s G1, just modern G1. So, eat that, 1980s G1!

Top Bottom