Transformers Legacy toyline

Shadewing

Citizen
Is that not what people have been clamoring for incessantly?

And generally what the majority of BW figures have been doing? Sure updated to look more like real animals, but still trying to copy the original toys as much as possible, while trying to also look like the Cartoon. And yet, NOW people are bitching about it?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Were people really that upset about Titans Return Sixshot using a very similar transformation scheme to that of the original 1987 Sixshot toy?

If something perfected ain't broke, don't break it.

I expect something similar to happen when they evenly decide to do RID2001 Megatron, thou I honestly expect when they evenly decide to do him, he'll be a commander class because of the various transformations

Lobjob

Citizen
I mean, BW Silverbolt is near perfect. I mean, it IS perfect but because of the cartoon all I expected of this new Silverbolt was to have his wings be able to fold against his back.

This one does that. He's exactly what I expected. Mission accomplished.

Shadewing

Citizen
I expect something similar to happen when they evenly decide to do RID2001 Megatron, thou I honestly expect when they evenly decide to do him, he'll be a commander class because of the various transformations
Yeah, much like Magmatron; I can't see RiD Megatron/Gigatron being done justice as anything other then a Commander class.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Powerlink Hotshot will be available in Japan in March 2024, exclusively via the Takara Tomy Mall site here.

4904810907268_493eaf3fee1c4fe8aaccf4b612731609.jpg

More pics at the link above.

Below: - A comparison with the previously released American and Japanese versions of this character.
Hotshots - Part Trois.png

Also, orders for Amazon Japan are available. Be sure to check the other sellers, as "Ships and Sold by Amazon Japan" isn't usually the default seller (and Amazon Japan will usually, at a later date/after we pre-order, match, if not sell at a cheaper price, the prices offered by private sellers).

Transformers Dramatic Capture Series Nemesis Bridge

Transformers BWVS-08 Phantom Showdown

Transformers Legacy Silverbolt

Last edited:

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
So this is late but why not? I feel like talking about it.

In 2007 Nova Prime debuted in the comics. And everything about him- from being one of Optimus' predecessors to being a Prime gone bad to just his character design being awesome- made me want a toy of him.
FP's offering just didn't do it, and the third party options all felt off in one way or another.

So Hasbro's finally official Nova Prime for real he exists and you can buy him figure? I've waited since 2007 for this thing and I felt pure joy opening that box.

Just awesome.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The repaint of Hot shot is pretty cool, Jolt is a nice little figure as well, but you cannot attach him in robot mode, only vehicle mode, with the guns, when you put the blast effects on, his arms become rather floppy because the joints aren't strong enough to hold the guns up with the blast effects on, at least all of them!

Legacy Nova Prime, is ok, thou I wish the guns on the back could be completely removed to make a better general look as its plainly obvious that he just a mid retool of WFC Siege Leader OP

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I just got an e-mail from Pulse this morning saying my pre-order for Bombshell has been canceled. Coming so soon after having Nacelle get canceled, I'm more than a little irritated. I'm aware of the issues with Nacelle, so I can understand that one at least. I haven't seen anyone talking about Bombshell, though. Have other people run into this, or did I just get to be the unlucky one?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just got an e-mail from Pulse this morning saying my pre-order for Bombshell has been canceled. Coming so soon after having Nacelle get canceled, I'm more than a little irritated. I'm aware of the issues with Nacelle, so I can understand that one at least. I haven't seen anyone talking about Bombshell, though. Have other people run into this, or did I just get to be the unlucky one?

I'm guessing that they ran out of copies of the figure or something happened to the shippment during transit

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Legacy Nova Prime, is ok, thou I wish the guns on the back could be completely removed to make a better general look as its plainly obvious that he just a mid retool of WFC Siege Leader OP
People over on TFW are apparently removing the pin enough to remove those guns...and the pins in question are not too difficult...?

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
People over on TFW are apparently removing the pin enough to remove those guns...and the pins in question are not too difficult...?
I've attempted to remove pins before and I've succeeded now and then, but it's been a disaster more times than not. And while Nova isn't a hard to come by exclusive he's still an exclusive, so I'd rather not risk it. Especially on a figure I've been waiting sixteen years for.

Besides I don't mind them. They give him extra presence when they're up behind his wings.

as its plainly obvious that he just a mid retool of WFC Siege Leader OP
I mean... that's what he is? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Though I'll say he's the best of the two GF remoulds. The GF/Cybertron Prime version always felt... off... while Nova makes enough changes to feel like his own thing.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
I think the Nova Prime toy is pretty neat in robot mode (I have no strong affinity for Cybertron Prime so it doesn't bother me that they look similar)

I now understand why people don't like this mold for Ultra Magnus, though.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I now understand why people don't like this mold for Ultra Magnus, though.
Thing is, I like Kingdom UM too. Like... Commander UM is a pass for me because I'm happy with the Kingdom version. It seems like everyone wants something different for Magnus. For some people he has to be a functional car carrier. For others he needs to have the inner robot and the armour. Others have their preferences re: shades of red and blue, or visor vs no visor, etc...

And between Siege, Kingdom, the new Commander class version, and even SG... people have options. For me, what I want out of UM is provided by the Kingdom version. So I'm saving some cash there.

I think the Nova Prime toy is pretty neat in robot mode (I have no strong affinity for Cybertron Prime so it doesn't bother me that they look similar)
The Cybertron Prime design always kinda bugged me because he has faux chest windows, despite having his real vehicle windows on his shoulders. So he's got duplicates that are clearly visible in robot mode. The Siege remould of the UM mould made it worse because the truck's front windows are JUST visible under the armour, and he has fake shoulder windows to mimic the original toy. So he's got three sets of front truck windows visible in super robot mode, and that always makes the back of my brain itch :p

Nova avoids that because neither his chest piece or his shoulder pieces attempt to mimic front cab windows.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Cybertron Prime design always kinda bugged me because he has faux chest windows, despite having his real vehicle windows on his shoulders. So he's got duplicates that are clearly visible in robot mode.
But on the original toy, the chest windows were actual vehicle mode windows, in that they folded out to the sides of the truck and became a pair of side windows instead of the windshield like on more traditional Optimus designs. So they weren't fake windows; they were just "different" windows.

Top Bottom