Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Watched Emgo's video on Tidal Wave. Gotta be honest, I am not happy about some of the decisions made. I'm still going to get him, but honestly, I really just wanted the original toy with knees.

Like, the mini dark fleet is, to me, just dumb. I never cared for that 'combining' gimmick back in Armada. Here it feels tacked on and stupid. The concessions made to the toy to accommodate that feature hinder it more than I thought it would.
I didn't think that being unable to get from one mode to the other without taking him apart would be a big deal to me, but the more I watched, the more I wished that was possible.
The back being open so you can see the mini fleet just stuck there looks horrid. Were you able to flip that panel up and hide that, I think it would look better.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood tonight (absolutely true) but I wish some things were done different.
I felt that way about Notroplex. They included much better articulation at the cost of an alt-mode with less features and no mini-con.

And where the bloody hell ARE all the missing minicons, eh? Why haven't they released them together as a boxed set, hopefully along with the missing members from the previously released Micromaster teams? If they can release popular figures in boxed sets with two other duds, went not release multipacks of wanted mini-bots are general retail?

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I don’t actually mind partsforming on characters who completely disassemble and frankly, it’s a benefit on Titan figures. I lift twice or thrice a week and Scorponok is still a pain to handle. The Megatron supermode parts are dumb but I get why they’re there and are more or less ignorable. Losing features sucks but eh, Tifal Wave’s minicon gimmick was lame and you can do it manually anyway.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
And where the bloody hell ARE all the missing minicons, eh? Why haven't they released them together as a boxes set, hopefully along with the missing members from the previously released Micromaster teams? If they can release popular figures in boxed sets with two other duds, went not release multipacks of wanted mini-bots are general retail?
They're not doing that because the WFC Micromasters flopped at retail.

Hasbro does a lot of stuff to cater to the fans but why would they release multi-packs of the Mini-Cons for the Legacy Armada guys and the rest of the Micromaster team members at general retail when they already know that these types of figure are poor sellers and most customers aren't interested in them?

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
I agree about the transformation. This is one of the most annoying cases of partsforming I've ever seen, because it's a design that worked in the first place. They took something that already worked and found a new way to make it not work. The new proportions are beautiful, but if they made it impossible to keep the original transformation then I'm not sure they're worth it.

The loss of all the original gimmicks also really sucks. I always considered them part of what made Tidal Wave such a seemingly good fit for Titan Class. At this size Ramjet wouldn't even need to fold up to fit in the elevator. Instead it's all just gone. Even if they do release a Ramjet separately, what's the point?

It's big, beautiful, but boring.
The loss of all the original gimmicks also really sucks.

See also Legacy Armada Megatron. Slightly smaller, lost all its gimmicks- including Mini-Con hardpoints (and therefore 90% of its play value), but has knees.

Disappointing.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
It also lost significant shoulder articulation too.

Similar happened with the G2 OP legacy mold, they really messed up on the shoulders to create a more complex transformation than the desgin actually needed, there was nothing wrong with the massive shoulder pads but I think whoever approved of that also approved of what they did to Legacy Armada Megatron/Galvatron mold (we all know Galvatron is just going to be a straight repaint with no changes to the mold!

For a DNA kit for Tidalwave, his minicon would likely get made along with some useless stuff, likely, thou I hope they make something to cover up the back of the robot mode and hide the Mini Dark Fleet piece stored there, but then, I'm not sure exactly what they were thinking, when they desgined the rear, I mean that butt flap is, kind of pointless and cannot even be used as a cover for the back as it won't do the full 180!

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Similar happened with the G2 OP legacy mold, they really messed up on the shoulders to create a more complex transformation than the desgin actually needed, there was nothing wrong with the massive shoulder pads but I think whoever approved of that also approved of what they did to Legacy Armada Megatron/Galvatron mold (we all know Galvatron is just going to be a straight repaint with no changes to the mold!

For a DNA kit for Tidalwave, his minicon would likely get made along with some useless stuff, likely, thou I hope they make something to cover up the back of the robot mode and hide the Mini Dark Fleet piece stored there, but then, I'm not sure exactly what they were thinking, when they desgined the rear, I mean that butt flap is, kind of pointless and cannot even be used as a cover for the back as it won't do the full 180!
I'm almost certain a DNA kit will address that.
I honestly can't believe that's just left open like that with no way of moving that plate to cover the gaping hole. That's just the oddest design choice.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Their armada Prime set was a bunch of unneeded crap when all people might have needed are the hands, crotchpiece and maybe the super mode arm extensions. They didn't even bother mirroring the footplates, meaning they stick out of both sides and are basically unusable.

Their Animated Optimus set looks great but I'm taking an informed risk on that one given their history of boneheaded decisions.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was actually considering using my Beast Machine Spy Streaks as Tidalwave's Mini-con type jets. I think their size will work well.
5491.jpg

Depending on how Titalwave's back looks in person, I might consider developing some 3D printed parts to fill him out a bit. I'm not usually bothered by hollow setions, but if it is truly bad, I'll consider doing something about it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Legacy United Slipstream
Slipstream.jpg

Slipstream Box.jpg

Legacy United Slipstream is here to bless your collection and make all the other seekers jealous!
I mean after all, Legacy has welcomed alot of females to the fray, why not a female Decepticon seeker jet! These pics show just how amazing the colors came out, the metallic teal would make anyone. Toss in some Decepticon (light & dark) purple,black, and the same purple metallic that was used on Chromia to get a wicked fresh color scheme thats one of the major highlights to this cool character.

New head, new blasters, and an all new attitude! I used og Starscream’s head sculpt as a go by to create the sculpt for the head, but I did add the ears to make it a lil more unique. I will post some more pictures but my sample does not have the final colors, and these final colors featured in these photos are!

Other noteworthy deets about this mold, the teal tinted cockpit allows you to see the actual pilot and co pilot seats inside that were sculpted skillfully. The new blasters can be welded in multiple locations and do have a blast compatible tip on them. The fan wing thrusters still have the articulated festure to them just like her enemy Windblade. Just super excited to finally get my hands on this character!

I will post more later today but please enjoy this! Reminder that Pre Orders for this gal are this Thursday at 1 pm et!

More pics: - https://www.instagram.com/p/C8Ey4mYuyz9/

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I don't have a horse in this fight. I have no connection whatsoever to Slipstream, but I will say that it looks like a fairly decent jet Transformer.

TriBlurr

Citizen
Guess I'm sticking with my legends figure because aside from the colors, that does nothing for me. Really wish they'd do Slipstream as a proper voyager sized seeker. The could have done Maxima if they needed a Windblade retool.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Slipstream is fine. I wish they'd make the head more angular and retool the wings to better differentiate from Windblade.

But here's Quake, a retool from Skullgrin. Both Targetmasters are included, and I dare say that Quake is a DRAMATIC improvement over Skullgrin's lackluster vehicle mode.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Slipstream looks pretty good aside from the hollowed out wings, Quake is most a vast improvement upon Skullgrin mold, thou the only thing letting the figure down is the lack of wheels for the vehicle mode, on Skullgrin, I have no idea what the heck they were trying to make for a alt mode, it was clearly a incomplete desgin, likely done on the fly and someone said "That good enough, into production is goes!!" With Quake, likely the person who created the desgin, actually managed to finish what they were aimming for as a alt mode

Top Bottom