Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
But here's Quake, a retool from Skullgrin. Both Targetmasters are included, and I dare say that Quake is a DRAMATIC improvement over Skullgrin's lackluster vehicle mode.
PicsArt_1718135351052.png

Zombodroid_12062024050033.jpg

Quake Boxes.jpg

Quakes.jpg

Introducing Legacy United Quake accompanied by his Target Masters Tiptop and Heater!
I’m very glad we could finally complete the Decepticon double target master trio collection. I’ll post more in hand shots of this guy later today so you can really get a sense of how this guy fits in with the rest!

He was a partial which was challenging due to having the target masters fit in the plan. But I felt they were a must have as somtimes in the past we weren’t able to find a way to fit them in. I really love the robot design attributes of the target master dudes, it was also challenging trying to figure out how to get these guys in there right color deco’s.

The deets for this bad boy are as follows: utilizing the Skullgrin mold foe the partial which really gave him the size he needed to fit alongside Needlenose and Spinister. He has multiple different attachement places for the blast effect compatible target masters. His blast effect compatible turret can swivel with articulation upwards for the cannon. Colors and look are accurate to his character persona. His tank is more of a Sherman speeder tank with attributes of the abrams, mostly details.

(Sources: - https://www.instagram.com/p/C8FCU5OO5WG/ andhttps://tfwiki.net/wiki/Quake_(G1) )

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
And there's the only two figures I plan on getting from this wave.

Wish they'd given Slipstream a new chest though.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Mark's posted a second designer commentary post for Slipstream (with pics of a non-final sample of the figure), and it's almost as if he posted it in response to the critical feedback of the figure.

For todays reveal, I wanted to make sure you got to see the final product photos with our awesome Legacy United background. But nowwwww, I couldn’t wait to get some shots of her myself, even if the colors are not final. I wanted to make sure to show off all the positions for the null ray blasters, a decepticon seeker must! 😎
So please, do yourself a favor and scan through all the photos. I saw most of you were looking for a voyager scale to be equal with Starscream and I have noted that to the team. But, BUT, this cyberverse styled Slipstream hits hard in hand. If nothing else the colors, the colors, ohhhh the glorious tones of color, what a symphony to the 👀 here! I actually dig the petite scale difference with ol SS.
If there is somthing I learned here on @instagram is its the fandom for Transformers is not only a lovable passionate group, but everyone is extremely opinionated! 🤣 Its near impossible to satisfy everyones wants and needs, you can only go with your gut instinct in the end and 🤞🏻hope everyone sees what you were at least trying to accomplish!
Big shouts out to Koki san over in Takara Tomy who worked on this glorious tool! The articulation and transformation is solid, and please take a good look at her backside cause its looking just as good as the front! That super sonic cybertronian influenced jet design tho, it just screams hypersonic speeds beating all sorts of astrocycle tests!
You can see the main differences in final product will be the teal color is metallic in the final product but its NOT metallic here. Also, the canopy is tinted teal in final product but NOT here, it is clear, so for final product, AGAIN, metallic teal and teal tinted cockpit!
Quake next!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Ouch. I guess the comments have been rough.

I guess people were hoping for a completely new mold instead of taking a existing mold and just changing the head and giving it a new paint job with some guns taken from the Earthrise/Siege seeker molds, I guess they didn't expect people to be so critical of it

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I'm always a fan of Slipstream's colors, but that mold just looks really chintzy to me, probably a combination of the Cyberverse aesthetic (not quite a fan) and the shrinkflation on Deluxes in general. Definite pass.

Quake I'm meh on. Obviously the color issue as others have mentioned, but still a possibility it's just the lighting and it'll look better in hand. I am impressed by how much of a retool from Skullgrin he is, and that they managed to fit the Targetmasters into the budget, though admittedly they are pretty skimpy (but basically the same as Needlenose's, right?) and the tank mode kinda resembles a potato. Gonna wait but might get down the line. (Also trying to remember if I got the Titans Return version...)

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Why does Slipstream have ears anyway? The head’s already busy enough between the g1 seeker head and the added forehead crest, and Animated and RID don’t have ears either. Is this another Shadowstriker thing?

Also, Doom’s better anyway.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Exactly the same as Needlenose's. They just used the same ones and redecoed them.
I stand corrected. They are in fact new molds. Their barrels just look really similar to those of Needlenose's Targetmasters.

Oh my my my these bad boys are coming atchya and the autobots are gonna be in a world of pain. Welcome a powerful double targetmaster whose thunderous blast shakes the earth, Legacy United Quake has come to drop some tiptop heat 🔥!
My homey Tomo san from Takara has just been knocking it out the park with these earth shattering partials! He led the way on this dude and I played a little catch up when it came to my lil target master darlings😹!
Its wild how these colors come off so bright in photos but in hand the deep saturated tones melt your heart. His face sculpt really sings up close and the details on the new molded Target Masters make this guy a must have. He has multiple blast compatible weapons and movable gun barrel turret.
Being based off of skullgrin makes this dude the perfect size to complete his target master gang! More reveals tomorrow, Im already exhausted after one day! 😅
RzMbXDn.jpeg

drrK3vm.jpeg

5AJ0xXi.jpeg

0KZjbqz.jpeg

ZiH1vqx.jpeg

I4APoPh.jpeg

e4pKgLo.jpeg

TgOZ4ga.jpeg

rMC6DG9.jpeg

SFvsSOR.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Should I go back and add the pics from the second Slipstream post? I didn't include them at first because Mark said the deco on his sample was not final.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I guess people were hoping for a completely new mold instead of taking a existing mold and just changing the head and giving it a new paint job with some guns taken from the Earthrise/Siege seeker molds, I guess they didn't expect people to be so critical of it

I've been pondering this some today, and I'm kind of wondering if a passable Slipstream could be made from a G2 Cyberjet design? Take Hooligan; he still maintains roughly the classic Seeker shape, if his back was modified so the wings could sweep upwards in robot mode it would approximate Slipstream's wing configuration. The jet-nose-to-chest might be less straightforward, but the modular design of the Cyberjets seems like they would lend themselves better to partial mold reuse for femme Seekers without just being Windblade with a new paint job. (Plus it would mean new Cyberjet figures!)

What do you think, sirs?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I honestly would have been perfectly fine with the Earthrise Voyager Seeker mold being given the MP Road Rage treatment: New feminine head with her thighs retooled to be rounded instead of blocky.

Maybe some new narrower wings if they really wanted to better match the Cyberverse version of the character, specifically.

She really didn't need to be a "Nemesis Windblade" instead.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I think Slipstream is good enough for those who didn't pick up the Takara version a while back. Perhaps it's safe to say they it's a better use of the mold than Windblade (as that character seems to have had many similar releases, throughout different toy lines)? I'm not sure I need it, as my Takara version, however unstable on her heels, is good enough for me.

Born Slippy-stream.jpg

Top Bottom