Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of United G1 Quake Concept Design Notes for Transformers Legacy (20)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of United G1 Quake Concept Design Notes for Transformers Legacy (14)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of United G1 Quake Concept Design Notes for Transformers Legacy (13)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of United G1 Quake Concept Design Notes for Transformers Legacy (12)__scaled_600.jpg

Image of United G1 Quake Concept Design Notes for Transformers Legacy (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Oh my my my these bad boys are coming atchya and the autobots are gonna be in a world of pain. Welcome a powerful double targetmaster whose thunderous blast shakes the earth, Legacy United Quake has come to drop some tiptop heat!
My homey Tomo san from Takara has just been knocking it out the park with these earth shattering partials! He led the way on this dude and I played a little catch up when it came to my lil target master darlings!

Its wild how these colors come off so bright in photos but in hand the deep saturated tones melt your heart. His face sculpt really sings up close and the details on the new molded Target Masters make this guy a must have. He has multiple blast compatible weapons and movable gun barrel turret.

Being based off of skullgrin makes this dude the perfect size to complete his target master gang! More reveals tomorrow, Im already exhausted after one day!
(Source: - https://www.instagram.com/p/C8GM1yKslnY/ )

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Is it weird that my biggest issue with Quake is that the Targetmasters can't replace the turret main gun anymore?

I hadn't really noticed until you said that, but I will miss that feature. It was always fun, and came in handy when I would temporarily misplace the actual turret gun.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
I am spoiled I found a fatal flaw

I kept looking Titan Class Tidal Wave and kept going why dont I like this? Is there is a ton wrong with it?
The short anwser is yes
The longer answer is a list of things wrong with it
You see when they normally do a Titan size figure of a older figure they upscale all the play features of the older fig or add to it
But thats not the case for TW in fact it loses some of the play features gone is the Mini-con and so because of that we lose the hide away elevator for it
The firing missiles on the twin boats gone there an indent there where they should be that just looks weird now the troop transport seats in the back of the legs gone
And the Megatron combing gimmick the one thing they kept leaves the back of TW a giant ass hole with no back plate to cover it
But here is this thing all this is no big deal
The issue I have is Im spoiled now you know what does have all those play features...yes even a firing missile gimmick

100_4849.JPG100_4850.JPG100_4851.JPG

You cant go back to a compromised figure with nerfed play features when you have something like this Armada Tidal Wave is way more fun then Titan Tidal Wave anyway

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have Takara Slipstream so no desire for this new one. As others has said, if it would have been an ER Voyager mold retool, I would have been totally on board.

I own TR Quake, but damn if this new one isn't great too. I will probably snag him.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I for one do not consider the lack of projectiles to be a downside. It's less pieces to fly across the room into the most inconvenient pile of clutter and disappear.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I own TR Quake, but damn if this new one isn't great too. I will probably snag him.
To be fair, Slipstream might actually scale well with other main line stuff like Earthspark and TF One whose seekers DO run in the deluxe range :p

I picked up TR Quake because, y'know, when is Hasbro ever going to do Quake again? I'll probably end up getting rid of TR Quake just because this new one checks all the boxes better than that older one. Plus, I can't NOT see Hardhead in vehicle mode.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
To be fair, Slipstream might actually scale well with other main line stuff like Earthspark and TF One whose seekers DO run in the deluxe range :p

I picked up TR Quake because, y'know, when is Hasbro ever going to do Quake again? I'll probably end up getting rid of TR Quake just because this new one checks all the boxes better than that older one. Plus, I can't NOT see Hardhead in vehicle mode.
Great point about deluxe Seekers. I currently have my Takara Slipstream posed with my Classics Seekers. She does scale with those.

The nice thing about TR Quake is that he's a headmaster so I can just pop a new head on him and he becomes a new character. :)

Dake

Citizen
The original Slipstream being a repaint for budgetary reasons shouldn't resign her to being a repaint forever. But if that's what she has to be, I'd much rather have had a new head on a repainted ER Seeker. I'll not be replacing my Takara version.

Last edited:

Magnusblitz

Citizen
I wouldn't quite call the original "purple":

Right, I was calling it magenta, which is a combo of red and purple. The new leans a bit too far to the red side of that spectrum IMO. (The original does look more brick red in the first photo you posted, but the middle one is the one I think of for Quake)

We have Missing Link at home.

That is... huh.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen

🎤 Mic check..1..2..(thud) just in time for the 40th anniversary celebration I welcome a familiar face to the Legacy United line! Thats right folks, it be Optimus Prime at the deluxe scale featuring his toy style, but with a whole lotta 🤩 #fun !
Shuhei Umeza san the talented wizard worked on this dude with me! What a vibe its been working with Shu san, such a solid guy! 🤜🏻 💥 🤛🏻
Lemme break down the deets, please read in your Blurr voice! 😂 whose better then a deluxe articulated Prime that comes with his blue metallic tinted matrix of leadership, his toy styled black blaster, his animation styled ion blaster cannon, 5 mm ports in various strategic places, lightpiping yellow eyes, weapon storage on the back freightliner truck bed, the ability to hitch to multiple trailers 😉, smokestack upgrades, cybertron radial pvc rubber tires, nobody nobody nobodyyyyyyyyy!!
When I was a kid I used to dream of things like this, I always wanted my Optimus to have permanently attached fists and I always wanted that dang blaster to fit in his hands smmoooothly, so many other things dreaming 🛌 well wake up fans, he is here and you can preorder this beauty this Thursday at 1 pm et!
Please note the colors are just like the og toy even though this toy sample I had to photo is an early sample, colors and apperances are varied!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Huh. I don't hate it. I've been resisting buying the Missing Link Optimus since he was so expensive, but at Deluxe price, I may have to bite on this one.

Edit: Of course, I realize that if I DO buy this one, in a couple of months they'll reveal the premium version with all the sticker details painted on.

Last edited:

Top Bottom