Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Huh. I don't hate it. I've been resisting buying the Missing Link Optimus since he was so expensive, but at Deluxe price, I may have to bite on this one.

Edit: Of course, I realize that if I DO buy this one, in a couple of months they'll reveal the premium version with all the sticker details painted on.
"Paging Dr Toyhax, paging Dr Toyhax..."

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Gobots 1.png

Gobots 2.png

Gobots 3.png

The Gobots.gif

Shadewing

Citizen
I like how Road Ranger's just chilling in there still being a stand-in for Prime forty years later.

What? Everyone knows Road Ranger created Optimus Prime in his image:

While initially seeming to be standalone, without the connections to Transformers previous media made, the final issue of Go-Bots saw the newly peaceful Gobotron taking off to create a multiverse's worth of new planets, while Road Ranger and Bug Bite set about creating "optimized" successors to themselves—and the remains of the deceased Cy-Kill and Leader-1 are repaired and combined into a familiar-looking red, grey and blue jet. Though never stated outright, the implication is that the Go-Bots would go on to create the Transformers' multiverse and all the versions of Cybertron that populate it

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Mark posted stock images of Metalhawk.

I DO like the more muted yellow, but I like the brighter grey on the original. By and large, I appreciate the effort for a package refresh, but I don't see any need to get him. Good for those that missed him the first time around.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Plus, they really do fit different niches. Hot Wheels collectors are their own breed. Meanwhile we get G1 with more at a premium plus G1 light for the rest.
Not to mention there's that upcoming SS86 Commander class figure to still look forward to.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
I do not like how DLX 40th Optimus is much smaller than the original when the original was pretty small.
(Perhaps a concession for Missing Link Convoy?)

If there was any mold to not cheap out on it would be this. The recolor possibilities alone...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I do not like how DLX 40th Optimus is much smaller than the original when the original was pretty small.
(Perhaps a concession for Missing Link Convoy?)

If there was any mold to not cheap out on it would be this. The recolor possibilities alone...
Missing Link Convoy is the same height as the average Voyager toys of today.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
The last Core Class wave for 2024, from Evan Brooks. Galvatron is expected and Geocron is a retool of Bouldercrash.

I always appreciate a differentiating head sculpt, so Geocron gets points for that. And I see the homaging to the Daira residents, nice touch. But I'm not sure the colors work all the way. LOVE the metallic purple, but the base brown just isn't jiving with me. I see the intention, but I'm not sure it completely works here.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Galvatron. Probably some personal bias (I have strong memories of the original Energon release and my hunt and finding him for the first and last time on clearance), but I was hoping for something more evocative of the US toy, not the diverging animation colors. They did a decent job replicating those colors for a $10-13 toy, however. And I skipped Megatron, so I'll probably end up with this one instead.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm all in on the Rock Lords. so I'll definitely be buying Geocron. I do kind of wish that they had gone with a color scheme that wasn't so similar to his mold-mate, though.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I'm all in on the Rock Lords. so I'll definitely be buying Geocron. I do kind of wish that they had gone with a color scheme that wasn't so similar to his mold-mate, though.
Yeah, I was trying to think of a color that might work and I think a dark purple for the base with metallic blue/teal would have popped. Something a bit Dark Energon, y'know?

Top Bottom