Transformers Legacy toyline

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sure. But it's 99% a combination of last year's ROTB mainline toys and the first-year Legacy toys from two years ago.

That Prime is tempting, but I might wait and pick it up in stores for my Optimus shelf.

Not really digging the new core figure repaints, but that size isn't for me unless it's a cassette bot or a human exosuit.

Not really digging the comic two pack either.

Shadhausen

Citizen
Xaaron is perfect. Wish Flame had more paint detail in vehicle mode, but like Xaaron I'm here for the robot mode so anything else is electro-frosting on the energon cake.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I know he matches the comic (and I love it) but Flame sure looks like Rodimus to me. I even said over on the Discord that I can see someone slapping a Rodimus head on him and little else would need to change.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Huh, I was expecting Xaaron to be an Impactor retool, for some reason. (Hilarity, if nothing else.) Both of them being based on molds I've never bought before adds an extra temptation.

The Phazer

Citizen
Well it's a must buy and I'll immediately snap it up for those two characters. I do think the logic of retooling Refraktor so much over just reworking Cyberverse Megatron is weird personally. And Gamerverse Megatron is a *terrible* toy, but I do struggle to think of a base mold that would have fit Flame better.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
OOOoooo YEAH! /machoman

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hmm… While the mold choices might not be stellar, I mainly want these for the characters. Xaaron also technically gives us a Primus figure too. Since he uses Xaaron as he avatar for a bit.

You know, til Unicron eat him. :)

Flame is interesting since he’s twisted Autobot scientist. Also, hasn’t he always had a weirdly Hot Rod/Rodimus look?

Also also, I wonder if Hasbro with fix the knee limitation the gamer erase Megs mold has this time?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Soundwave! With Buzzsaw!

soundwave.jpg

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Wow that Xaaron/Flame pack is pretty damn good, I'm tempted. And cool of Hasbro to let a guy with a Xaaron avatar reveal them.

Animated Motormaster is basically exactly what I expected. Never been a big fan of the deco TBH, but it's basically gotta copy what it is (same as the animation colors on that Energon Galvatron).

Are more people gonna be thrilled or pissed that Buzzsaw is in that Soundwave set? :LOL:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I like that Buzzsaw, and toy colors Frenzy is great, but that Ravage...ugh. Just ugh. I don't know that I've seen a mainline Ravage update that truly improves on the original figure.

Enemy and Silver (movie) Frenzy when, Hasbro?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ok, Animated, while fun at the time, is done for me. The only thing I need from that line was an Omega Supreme. However, this motormaster looks good, with a cool face.

That Soundwave set is epic! I wonder why they didn't throw in Frenzy and just make it the whole set of the classic four Cassettes? Still, I might have to pick this up for Buzzsaw alone.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like that Buzzsaw, and toy colors Frenzy is great, but that Ravage...ugh. Just ugh. I don't know that I've seen a mainline Ravage update that truly improves on the original figure.

Enemy and Silver (movie) Frenzy when, Hasbro?

Yeah, I was hoping for a new mold (or heavy remolded) Ravage and Enemy to go along with Buzzsaw.

Might still get this. I did manage to snag Netflix Soundwave, but he's yellowed pretty badly.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Well it's a must buy and I'll immediately snap it up for those two characters. I do think the logic of retooling Refraktor so much over just reworking Cyberverse Megatron is weird personally. And Gamerverse Megatron is a *terrible* toy, but I do struggle to think of a base mold that would have fit Flame better.

Aren't the "mainline" toys (Cyberverse, Earthrise, the mainline RotB toys) a different team than the "generations" toys (i.e. legacy, studio series).

Have we ever seen a mold jump from one side to the other, like ever?

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Relieved to see Buzzsaw included. I'm less celebrating and more putting away the torches and pitchfork, but regardless, I'm satisfied now. Definitely would have preferred Enemy from either Frumble mold over a third release of... whoever. I don't hate this Ravage mold like many seem to, but I definitely would have preferred something else over Ravage again, but now with even less color.

Oh yeah, I guess they include a Soundwave accessory too, right? Definitely an improvement over the Netflix deco's mismatching yellow and gold. Haven't looked at how he compares with the Dramatic Capture yet. I think I'll need to start unloading some Soundwaves at some point.

Top Bottom