Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I went ahead and put in a pre-order for him just to have an Optimus to put on my desk at work. I think he looks cool for what he is, but he won't be in with my primary collection display. Now if before he's released we hear about a new premium edition , I might cancel this preorder.
You should know how this works by this point…
They’ll announce a premium deco/extra special version with all the bells and whistles AFTER you get the basic deluxe version

:p

CrockAlley

Citizen
I wonder if TakaraTomy would do a premium repaint of Optimus like they did with the Kingdom beast toys. I know they just did Missing Link, but still. They could include the existing trailer and Roller. I have Missing Link and I'd still buy it!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
You should know how this works by this point…
They’ll announce a premium deco/extra special version with all the bells and whistles AFTER you get the basic deluxe version

:p

I guess I'm lucky; once I get the basic Deluxe version and Hasbro announces the extra special new hat version, I can give the first version to my kid to play with so he'll stay out of my premium version. (TRUTH: He won't stay away from my premium version even if he has his own version. The line between my collection and his toys is really blurry right now...) 😆

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My collection is always years behind, so I'll definitely end up with the premium deco whenever they release one.

The trouble's going to be if Hasbro and Takara both do their own slightly different premium versions.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Currently, Dramatic Capture Series is the Takara premium redeco line that has succeeded Beast Wars Again, so we'll have to keep our eyes out for whatever comes next for DCS.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Eh, anyone who claims a hard line between kids Transformers and adult Transformers is fooling themselves. I and my nephew live next door to each other, and the back-and-forth has only increased as he gets older. I just note that I'm cheaper to 'shop' at than a Wal-Mart run and he's more likely to find what he was looking for. It also confirms something I said years ago when he was born. Some said I'd have to be careful with the 'collectibles' and I said he was a little boy and that was a bunch of toy robots. Anyone who thought those two concepts would NOT collide at an intersection was delusional.

On that note, Dead Optimus took some serious damage after his last trip (which barely shows due to the subject) but I've decided to get the simpler Legacy cab Prime rather than the Dramatic Capture or Earthrise reissue, simply for solid fists over thumbs. The trailer from Dead Prime will work.fine with it too.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Eh, anyone who claims a hard line between kids Transformers and adult Transformers is fooling themselves.
For sure, I've always considered my collection to be a "playable" one (I was never an MISB collector), and I'm happy to have a son to share my hobby with. Besides, as he likes to point out, he gets it all anyway when I die. (Pretty dark humor for a 5-year-old, but he's not wrong.)

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
...Besides, as he likes to point out, he gets it all anyway when I die. (Pretty dark humor for a 5-year-old, but he's not wrong.)
Unless you sell it all on eBay or do something similar in your will...
grinch-smile-grinch.gif

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
For sure, I've always considered my collection to be a "playable" one (I was never an MISB collector), and I'm happy to have a son to share my hobby with. Besides, as he likes to point out, he gets it all anyway when I die. (Pretty dark humor for a 5-year-old, but he's not wrong.)
My kids have no interest in my Transformers, but they argue about how they're going to divide my video game collection when I die. At least I don't think they're planning to kill me off yet...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Fans mad about the latest perfectly fine Deluxe have been promising me this for something like 15 years and still nothing.
I bet there will be a a KO if either missing link OP or an OSKO of Legacy G1 toy OP with random metal parts. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if both were MP sized with OSKO trailers too.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Maybe for Generations Selects, assuming that's still a thing.
The “G1 Crew” set and the Gobots 3 pack are marketed under Generations Selects.
I just kind of get the feeling that Selects got a bit backburnered by the sheer volume of retails slots Hasbro’s been trying to fill, between stuff like the Walmart and Amazon capsule lines and Target’s Buzzworthy stuff. As well as some budgetary contractions reducing the amount of product the teams seems be allowed to produce (Deluxe waves are now seeing only 3 new releases per wave, Core Class through Legacy went from 8 items in Year one, to 12 in year 2, down to 6 this year and seemingly ending with next year’s line)

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
No matter what they call it, there's always going to be some place to shove in the random 'for the turbo nerds' releases they do.

Top Bottom