Transformers Legacy toyline

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I like Thundertron. He's a fun concept with a ton of potential. It'd be nice to someday get a story that did something with him.

-ZacWilliam, here's the part where I wish all the capsule lines got the treatment Velocitron did in Japan with a couple page web comic to bring it to life. I would love even a brief story about the Toxitron line and the Star Seekers.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
I like Thundertron. He's a fun concept with a ton of potential. It'd be nice to someday get a story that did something with him.

-ZacWilliam, here's the part where I wish all the capsule lines got the treatment Velocitron did in Japan with a couple page web comic to bring it to life. I would love even a brief story about the Toxitron line and the Star Seekers.
We really have been missing good fiction for Legacy. The Velocitron comics are great....and motivated me to get the whole collection when they showed up at Ross...just need Galaxy Shuttle.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'd bring up the novels, but...

Exiles was... so bad (and kept him a mystery 'til the very end, a mystery no one cared about since the payoff was some rando no one had ever heard of before), while Retribution just got him out of the way early on, to make room for the Quintessons.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And it was still better than the Hardwired trilogy. Granted, they're both terrible.
I've actually softened up on that trilogy just a bit. Granted, it's still not good, but in light of the live-action movies adding so much edgy grimdark uber-violence to the brand (even towards humans, like DOTM showing Decepticons blasting hundreds of humans into flaming skulls, and AOE turning Lucas into a flaming corpse that it shows up-close and personal, and then lingers on for too long afterward), those books no longer stand out as anomalous in how graphic they were.

If anything, I still find the character of Allister Greaves and ideas of the Followers and the Augments to be interesting concepts that never really got a chance to be developed in anything better written.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I'd bring up the novels, but...

Exiles was... so bad (and kept him a mystery 'til the very end, a mystery no one cared about since the payoff was some rando no one had ever heard of before), while Retribution just got him out of the way early on, to make room for the Quintessons.
I went into Exodus with high expectations and it just.... fell so flat. Disappointingly so. Like... RotF levels of disappointment. Made me not even want to bother with Exiles and Retribution.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I got as far as "And now I will show everyone how to store his accessories in alt-mode....THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDERTRON! STOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!"

-and then realized I don't have any version of this character or a youtube channel. Oh, well.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
We really have been missing good fiction for Legacy. The Velocitron comics are great....and motivated me to get the whole collection when they showed up at Ross...just need Galaxy Shuttle.
It's shocking that little or no fiction was made for the Fossilisers or Not-Lords...

"Stones and Bones"?

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
It's a bit more succinct than "We-Aren't-Sure-If-WB-Will-Let-Us-Call-Them-Rock-Lords-And-Anyway-The-Inferniac-Universe-Is-Not-A-Gargent-Stream"....

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
It's not a very Legacy feeling name but I'm going with the late G1 style "Geomasters." (I considered the early G1 style Geobots, but I thought Masters was snappier.)

-ZacWilliam, I've probably mentioned before I'm imaging them as a team of Autobots who crashed through the crust into the Inhumanoid's Hollow Earth and hooked up with the Granites to fight Metlar and co...

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
That's not what Confuzor's talking about.
Remembering Cybertron Metroplex, perhaps not, but in this particular case I was inclined to view the shorthand moniker through the filter of "Hasbro is reluctant to call these characters GoBots Rock Lords" as opposed to "I don't think these are as good as GoBots Rock Lords".
It's not a very Legacy feeling name but I'm going with the late G1 style "Geomasters." (I considered the early G1 style Geobots, but I thought Masters was snappier.)
While punny, I was leaning towards "Sili-Cons", in the style of Armada's Mini-Cons. Geomasters has a nice ring to it, though.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Remembering Cybertron Metroplex, perhaps not, but in this particular case I was inclined to view the shorthand moniker through the filter of "Hasbro is reluctant to call these characters GoBots Rock Lords" as opposed to "I don't think these are as good as GoBots Rock Lords".
That still doesn't have anything to do with Confuzor calling out PrimalxConvoy's juvenile refusal to call them by their proper name of "Armorizers".

Top Bottom