Transformers Legacy toyline

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mm. Still content to hold on to my T30/Legends era Armada Seekers.
NhTCzq4.jpg

Me as well since I own the Cheetimus Customs.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think the price is pretty good for 6 things and new combiner pieces. It's just a lot for me under the circumstances.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
BUT HIS HANDS MUST BE BLUE-...no....wait...wrong rant, sorry. Also, am I the only one who thinks the Core Dinoking bots work well to give Deathsaurus a runt mob to counter Star Sabers micromasters for a shelf fight? Or his chest beasts vs. the micromasters as Dinoking fights Leo. Thinking of setups.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Panel/Fanstream is done. Confirmed back end of the year/early next year is heavy on repaints and reruns. A notable change is that Hasbro is seemingly offering Origins Bumblebee in the mainline. No word on Core Class Dinobot

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
“Super Robot Lifeform Transformers Micron Legend” Legacy Starscream Super Mode.
1722053513898.png

The wing blade and star saber used in the movie are included.

The firing scene of the Null Ray Cannon can be reproduced using the included effect parts.

Product name: TL-EX Starscream Super Mode

Release date: Friday, September 13, 2024

Suggested retail price: 7,000 yen (tax included)

Target age: 8 years old and above.
(Source: - https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000396.000073415.html )

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
They might be saving the Core Dinobot reveal for Pulsecon. I just hope that we haven't lost Sureshot.
Right now, the Core Class is rumored to be side lined. I guarantee Sureshot will make it out, even if they had to shuffle his slot.
If Sureshot got some significant new tooling (or is a new mold), they might have opted to bump him out of a tail ender assortment to open up a slot for Origins Bumblebee and save him for the higher buy in on Prime wave 1.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Honestly? I'd be all in on two Core boxsets of the BW cast.
I've said it before, I will say it again (over and over):
Sell two or three Core-size figures at the Deluxe or Voyager price point as Versus Packs. Gives kids (or kids at heart) instant play options right out of the box, minimizes multiple size points in an increasingly competitive shelf area, and might give some leeway for extra accessories (macguffins?) or some appropriate size variances for characters (much like the Legion/Commander size variances from the DotM/Prime Cyberverse line).

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I go right back to the line idea I had in the "propose a TF toyline" thread, which was built entirely around Legion and Core class and the like. I really think this would be a fun direction to go in for a while. And the redeco/retool friendliness of G1 (and beyond, as the Legacy lines have shown to varying degrees) allows lots of opportunities for profit.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
IMO core needs to fix its identity. Either dedicate it to small versions of mainline characters or small characters, not this weird hodgepodge.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
IMO core needs to fix its identity. Either dedicate it to small versions of mainline characters or small characters, not this weird hodgepodge.
To be fair, I think Core stuck to that conceit better than Legends ended up doing. The entire 2013 Legends slate were 4 packs, each with one of the “big 4”…and they sold fine FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR. Then it shifted to “small characters” and sales seemed to start dropping off.

So we got Micromasters, which didn’t sell well at all, so they went back to Core. And my observation has been that, when Core stuck to “small main characters”…it did well. What bogged down the line? Iguanas, Bomb-burst, Vertebreak, Dracodon, and while you can make the argument Grimlock is a core character, the rest of the Dinobots really don’t fall into that category as strongly. So we spent 2023 with a bunch of grey, gold and black figures that AREN’T the most popular Dinobot bogging down retail. There’s a reason its taken almost 4 years to get the entire set of Dinobots as Leader figures…

IMO Core is just too expensive for what you get nowadays.

I get that's just Transformers in general but Core being the small size-class just makes it feel the most noticeable.
I feel at least part of the size issue comes from Hasbro’s (or at least, the current regime) sensitivity to “visual value”. For a while, all the “kid’s toys” for Marvel were 5-6” tall. So, during the Infinity War and Endgame sales periods, you had figures comparatively sized to the much pricier Marvel Legends for half the price. In some cases, the kids lines managed to get key characters to market before Legends.
Then they shifted back to “moderately articulated” figures at the 4” scale. So now, you have 4“ at $10-ish, 12” Titan at 12-15, and 6” Collector product at $25 and up. There is a much clearer “segmentation” than there was.
I get the feeling that’s partly what’s at play in the sub deluxe price point.

I agree with the price/value comment, and if I were running things, I’d get rid of the sub-deluxe price point or shift it to something like this:
Remember the, generally, pretty nice figures that were done for Rise of the Beast’s Weaponizer assortment? 4.5-ish inches tall, decently articulated and designed (if lacking a little paint or flair) and unburdeoned by a gimmick? Basically Warriors without the bull?
Do a line like that. I know from what I’ve learned over the years that SIZE isn’t the dominant source of cost, it’s complexity and weight.
Call it “Generations Icons”, target a $15 price point. Core was only squeezing out little over half a dozen figures a year anyway, so you have MORE than enough “core characters” to cycle through for years.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like the spot being used for smaller characters (Exosuit Spike, Noah, and Mohawk are all nice) rather than "here's the same characters in a smaller scale". But then I was also fine with the G1 Minibots being Legends class rather than all getting bumped up to Deluxe.

Either way, I think it'd be easier to market the scale if it were one of those things rather than trying to be a venue for both, which it's been since Kingdom.

Badgertron

Citizen
I like the spot being used for smaller characters (Exosuit Spike, Noah, and Mohawk are all nice) rather than "here's the same characters in a smaller scale". But then I was also fine with the G1 Minibots being Legends class rather than all getting bumped up to Deluxe.

Either way, I think it'd be easier to market the scale if it were one of those things rather than trying to be a venue for both, which it's been since Kingdom.
I stand by the idea that the loss of the Minibots at that scale crippled the size class. Well, that and having too many double dips of characters in both the movie and generations aesthetics at the same time. Also it would have been nice to see some souped up minicons at Core class, but I probably would have been more excited for that than most people.

Top Bottom