Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I liked them, myself, though I wish we'd gotten a Waverider to finish the Autobot set. I even liked their Targetmaster modes (but then, I would. Never met a Targetmaster I didn't like.). My only quibble is, instead of the Prime emblems, I wish the inner robots sported the heads of the original Pretenders so they could have functioned like the Titanmasters as "spare" heads for other Transtectors.
I hoped that the Primemasters had gone with the original idea of being Powermasters and/or Headmasters too. It would have been nice to also have the mini robots in the colours of the inner robots too.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Maybe they’ll do an exclusive with some trailer and with the sticker detail painted up. Dunno which trailer would work best given that the Deluxe is even smaller than the G1 toy. The somewhat small Earthrise trailer might actually match it best but the G1 trailer might actually work out decently given that the G1 toy’s cab is actually too big in comparison to his trailer in terms of real life vehicle proportions.
If they release a nicer version later I'll double dip. I'm willing to take that risk. I'll throw V1 in a bin and my V2 will have four blasters and two energon axes.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Legacy Deluxe Optimus was scaled to use the Earthrise Leader trailer.

WxaHlUl.jpeg

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Still a sad trailer but at least the length looks right now.

I'm just considering the DOTM Deluxe trailer because I already have one, and because this Prime's hitch must be pretty similar to the Chronicle version if it's compatible with the G1 trailer and modern trailers. It's the only trailer I know of that was designed to pull double duty that way.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I bought a KO G1 OP just to use the trailer with Earthrise Optimus but I hope it fits SS86 as the included trailer with that isn't as good as the G1 original, IMO.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
PotP Optimus is back, because no one demanded it:

It's a neat concept in theory and it did give us the first (and only) mass retail take on Sunbow Orion Pax.

But... it's hard to fit into a traditional collection because there are much better versions of G1 Optimus out there.
So this thing's big appeal to collectors is as a novelty.

My guess is they think it'll move because it's Optimus Prime and non-collectors (kids, nostalgic adults not deep into the franchise) like Optimus Prime.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I tend to think of the whole of PotP as a novelty, if I'm being honest. Some ideas were okay, some weren't. But it was relatively short-lived as a line, so I guess there might be some out there who wanted this version of Prime and didn't get it? Feels a bit like, "whoa, hey - we found a few pallets of these old Optimus Primes at the back of the warehouse." Which is okay I guess, but he's being billed by Hasbro as a "back by popular demand" situation.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Feels a bit like, "whoa, hey - we found a few pallets of these old Optimus Primes at the back of the warehouse." Which is okay I guess, but he's being billed by Hasbro as a "back by popular demand" situation.
I just said almost that exact thing over on Discord.

Top Bottom