Transformers Legacy toyline

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I still regret not being able to afford the Fans Project Dinoking and the pretender shells. It would be mad if the shells could combine too and cover the combined mode... ;)
vJzL6Nh6.jpg

Screenshot_20240820_231134.png

Screenshot_20240820_231243.png

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I always sort of envisioned it as they come out of the shells, combine, and then the shells allow them to functionally be both separate AND combined at once.

Wow, those are awesome...and even BIGGER, but proportionally not that different from the originals in scale. Checking out both Double Pretender Megatron and Prime, the only actual Pretenders I have now, and memories of Groundbreaker and Octopunch from earlier in life, I realize what was meant by the shells always being larger, and I'd just honestly overlooked. Being custom-made for a smaller toy the shell's still twice the height, and while Megatron recycled the Grand Maximus shell, I have a G1 Encore Cerebros I use with it and it's still quite large comparatively.

I can only imagine how much those FansProject shells must have gone for, much less the combiner itself. I was hoping for 'smaller/cheaper' for the Cores, but...maybe not. I guess I will wait and see.

Edit: Never mind on the imagining, I found it easier than I expected...$60-$80 EACH at the start. With the combiner about $300. Yikes. It's an odd day when I can look at something and realize I'm literally not that crazy. That doesn't happen often.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's crazy how the original tiny toy has such nicely proportioned legs, and Fansproject produced that.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I kept holding off on the original because of the lion face. This is still pretty derpy, but it’s cartoon derp as opposed to the first release, so I’m probably gonna go with this one unless the original clearances by a lot.

The contrast between the lion on the legacy boxart and the actual figure is basically the swole doge vs sitting doge meme.

Top Bottom