Transformers Legacy toyline

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I had Groundbreaker and Octopunch, and they were both lackluster to me. I DID like the TFSS Double Pretenders, and having Double Pretender Megatron pull double duty as a shell for Cerebros with my Encore Maximus was a bonus. The thing is, in both their cases they gave a well-articulated inner bot that actually had a recognizable alt-mode and an interesting shell, something my G1 Pretenders didn't do (plus Groundbreaker's helmet destroyed his face paint). That's why I've been openly hoping for a DinoKing set someday as it would give me the best of both worlds like the more recent ones did.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had... something. I wish I still had it because I can't remember which one. Somehow nothing rings a bell.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That looks incredibly expensive AND fragile, though. Especially those extending joint parts.
Yes, they were going for the "plamoderu" look and feel, but imagine a (most probably overpriced) Takara pretender with some of that engineering, I'm sure they could pull something like that off and what better character to do so for a Japanese company than either Bludgeon (a samurai skeleton) or Metalhawk (the famous Japanese good guy)?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
What's plamoderu? I just thought in context it was 'high priced model kit' and now trying to look it up, that doesn't help much.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
More like for some fuckin reason deciding to say 'moderu' as if it's Japanese word and not literally just the word' model' transliterated into Japanese (or the romanization of the word 'model' transliterated into Japanese if you want to be pedantic).

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Where I am, I've only ever heard gunpla. Although I think I've also seen plamo used here and there. Mostly in stuff that i guess isn't Gundam.

In any case I'm not sure why the L in pla but not in moderu, but I have no frame of reference for this particular transliteration.

Last edited:

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Only thing giving me pause is the history of Takara reissuing the same characters in better color schemes right before releasing a superior mold.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like a Studio Series Astrotrain was on one of the leaked lists.

I don’t know if that means recolor, remold, or new mold.

Shadewing

Citizen
I'd like one without knees that give out in a stiff breeze.

1725760632435.png

Top Bottom