Transformers Legacy toyline

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do not like how DLX 40th Optimus is much smaller than the original when the original was pretty small.
(Perhaps a concession for Missing Link Convoy?)

If there was any mold to not cheap out on it would be this. The recolor possibilities alone...

Agreed. I wish it were the right size. I wonder if they didn't want us to compare it too much to the original toy. Making it a Deluxe meant it was never going to do the Missing Link idea 100% even if the sculpt and colors were perfect, and maybe they wanted that so they'd feel free to take other liberties. This was free to be whatever it could manage to be.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, I was trying to think of a color that might work and I think a dark purple for the base with metallic blue/teal would have popped. Something a bit Dark Energon, y'know?
One of the earlier ideas for Shard was to make her look like she was made out of Dark Energon, with translucent purple plastic instead of the opaque Death Crystal green that they went with.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Yes to Geocron, yes to the Gobots, and I will pass on G1 toy-styled Optimus. Looks neat, and I commend the effort, but it's not my speed.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Missing Link is, to me, more expensive than the nostalgia is worth. This one isn't as nicely painted, but it's less than half of what BBTS is asking for ML (at least, for the trailer-less version, but I don't care about the trailer), and might show up at retail so I could see it in person first. So I'm interested, but not committed to it.

Same... while I'm glad Missing Link exists and it's cool conceptually, I had no personal interest in it, especially at its price. At $20-25, this one I might well pick up though, even if he is screaming for some additional paint apps or stickers.

Kinda disappointed on Geocron. Bouldercrash looks cool but I was hoping for a better color scheme than the brown and red. I like the purple but it's still (a different shade of) brown, and has a way worse head to boot. Probably too much to hope for another repaint down the line...

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The last Core Class wave for 2024, from Evan Brooks. Galvatron is expected and Geocron is a retool of Bouldercrash.
I loved the US version of Galvatron, possibly more than the original colours and the Japanese version. I hope the larger version we get later on will fully homage that version.

Image of United Geocron and Galvatron Official Reveals from Transformers Legacy Wave 4 (15)__s...jpg

Hi Transformer fans,
As promised, here's a look at the upcoming core class figures: Geocron and Galvatron!

Geocron is a redeco of our previous Bouldercrash figure but with a new head that is straight out of the JG1 Headmasters episode featuring the inhabitants of planet Daira.

Galvatron is a redeco as well; one that I think a lot of folks were waiting for after we announced the Energon Megatron. We followed the anime for the coloring which is why he has the silver crown and slightly blue face.

Please have a look at the photos attached and I made sure to snap a pic of them next to their counterparts.

Thanks for popping by,
-Evan
Image of United Geocron and Galvatron Official Reveals from Transformers Legacy Wave 4 (12)__s...jpg

Image of United Geocron and Galvatron Official Reveals from Transformers Legacy Wave 4 (11)__s...jpg

(Source - as above)

I think, with some more backstory and if these two "twins" were sold as a two-pack, I might be interested.

It's a shame they didn't sell more Gobots and "Not Lords" together and build upon it all. They could include the fossilisers, BW and (previously alluded to) Inhumanpoids for a pretty cool story.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
...did Megatron not have the shoulder cannons?

Anyway, I'd rather have Missing Link Convoy and wish it got a wider release, but... I guess this will do. For now. At least. Maybe.

...going to be so annoyed when they release one with a trailer down the line. Unless I don't manage to get this one first.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 21561
View attachment 21562

(Source: - https://www.instagram.com/p/C8H0sH8Osze/ )

I'm so glad that I didn't pay for the recent TT Missing Link or Hotwheels versions. I wonder why both companies released such similar figures so close in time to each other?

This is a mixed bag for me. I could live without the chrome (though I prefer it) but scaling it down seems like such an odd decision.

That said... this is the toy I've personally wanted from Hasbro for 40 years. I don't "need" it, but I feel obligated to get it because while I haven't really picked up maybe more than 3 or 4 things in the past 2 years... this is the first actual good Hasbro Optimus Prime toy since G1. It looks like it's supposed to and it does what we've always wanted it to do.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Honestly I see this and Missing Link as two very different things.

Missing Link is a 1980s toy constructed with modern toy technology.

This is a modern toy designed based on the look of a 1980s toy.

The former is something amazing and awesome that as a kid of the 80s I absolutely couldn't pass up.

The latter, This toy, is something that looks fairly neat but I absolutely don't need: another basic Generations Optimus. From the look of things it's gonna look too small to effectively match up to the Megatron on my shelf, and the existing Prime on my shelf does that well size wise while also being a really good Optimus toy.

-ZacWilliam, if this was larger and had a trailer I might be more interested. Or if it were Powermaster Optimus or in Action Master colors... But as is it seems too basic and too small for me to bother.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This is a mixed bag for me. I could live without the chrome (though I prefer it) but scaling it down seems like such an odd decision.

That said... this is the toy I've personally wanted from Hasbro for 40 years. I don't "need" it, but I feel obligated to get it because while I haven't really picked up maybe more than 3 or 4 things in the past 2 years... this is the first actual good Hasbro Optimus Prime toy since G1. It looks like it's supposed to and it does what we've always wanted it to do.
Yup. This might also be the first time in ages that I buy repros for this. Also, it might be ironic if someone does a slightly OSKO version of this, thus making it the same size as the original G1, complete with all toy decals, etc. Then, I'll probably buy that too.

Perhaps this means that Takara won't be releasing this anytime soon?

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Honestly I see this and Missing Link as two very different things.

Missing Link is a 1980s toy constructed with modern toy technology.

This is a modern toy designed based on the look of a 1980s toy.

The former is something amazing and awesome that as a kid of the 80s I absolutely couldn't pass up.
That's the absolute best summary

Dake

Citizen
I'm not sure the colors work all the way. LOVE the metallic purple, but the base brown just isn't jiving with me. I see the intention, but I'm not sure it completely works here.

Oh, it definitely looks like jive.
(that's an old swear filter joke for you whippersnappers)

It's a very unattractive shade of brown in pictures. Of all the colors this could've been, I cannot for the life of me figure out why they went with that. Charcoal black with orange highlights, Magma-orange with dark red highlights, heck - pale blue with dark blue highlights. Just about anything besides sick-dog-poop-brown.

Despite the inherent issues, I'd actually welcome translucent plastic on one of these.

I had the same thought. There's nothing on these that takes a lot of stress, so translucent would actually stand a chance of surviving.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Love this set. I've wanted a Xaaron for years, and this one doesn't disappoint. Flame, likewise, is absolutely beautifully done.

Top Bottom