Transformers Legacy toyline

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Chris McFeely pointed out that the new Ruckus doesn't actually match the photo that was on TFWiki--in comparison to the TFWiki/Seibertron photo, both the deco on the arms and the sculpted shock absorbers on the knees (which are also based on a sticker on the original toy) are "upside down."

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
Do you have an example?
Fun fact. If you look at early (wave one, two) Beast Wars packaging the Predacon insignia is gold/yellow. Not purple or purplish blue.
And this carries into the show. Scorpinok and Blackarachnia have gold Predacon insignias. And when Rattrap "changes" factions to go undercover his faction emblem goes from a red Maximal symbol to a yellow/gold Predacon emblem. Between multiple characters sporting it (ie not being able to written off as a character specific colour variation like Rhinox's green Maximal symbol or Waspinator's green Pred symbol) and being used on packaging I thought it would be appropriate to add a gold Predacon emblem to the insignias page.

I did nothing else. Didn't replace the blueish-purple version, just added a gold/yellow Predacon insignia variant.

Someone reverted it immediately and chastised me on the Discord over "unnecessary" additions.

I had multiple cases of in-universe usage, on package usage, to back up my assertion that this gold/yellow Predacon symbol was, at least at one point early in BW's run, the "default" Predacon emblem.

And I was taken to task because such an addition was deemed unnecessary.

I'm a fan who 1) cares enough to seek out the wiki, 2) cares enough to read it, 3) cares enough to learn how to properly edit a wiki, and 4) cares enough to contribute here and there if I see something missing.
And yet I more or less got told to get bent.

Why should I continue to stick around and try to contribute if that's how my efforts are going to be met?

I figured it being a reused mold at all, instead of a new mold, was what he was calling lazy, not understanding at all that it was always going to be the same mold as before and never a new mold.
It's PrimaxConvoy. I just assume his demands are always kind of nuts.
Hasbro and TT aren't perfect companies but this guy rags on every small thing.

Retail Bludgeon clearly was a pretender shell first deco. So him being upset that this isn't that... is just more of the same nonsense

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Fun fact. If you look at early (wave one, two) Beast Wars packaging the Predacon insignia is gold/yellow. Not purple or purplish blue.
And this carries into the show. Scorpinok and Blackarachnia have gold Predacon insignias. And when Rattrap "changes" factions to go undercover his faction emblem goes from a red Maximal symbol to a yellow/gold Predacon emblem. Between multiple characters sporting it (ie not being able to written off as a character specific colour variation like Rhinox's green Maximal symbol or Waspinator's green Pred symbol) and being used on packaging I thought it would be appropriate to add a gold Predacon emblem to the insignias page.

I did nothing else. Didn't replace the blueish-purple version, just added a gold/yellow Predacon insignia variant.

Someone reverted it immediately and chastised me on the Discord over "unnecessary" additions.

I had multiple cases of in-universe usage, on package usage, to back up my assertion that this gold/yellow Predacon symbol was, at least at one point early in BW's run, the "default" Predacon emblem.

And I was taken to task because such an addition was deemed unnecessary.

I'm a fan who 1) cares enough to seek out the wiki, 2) cares enough to read it, 3) cares enough to learn how to properly edit a wiki, and 4) cares enough to contribute here and there if I see something missing.
And yet I more or less got told to get bent.

Why should I continue to stick around and try to contribute if that's how my efforts are going to be met?

It's PrimaxConvoy. I just assume his demands are always kind of nuts.
Hasbro and TT aren't perfect companies but this guy rags on every small thing.

Retail Bludgeon clearly was a pretender shell first deco. So him being upset that this isn't that... is just more of the same nonsense
Looking back over at that conversation on Discord, someone else on there (Tigerpaw28) agreed with you and thought it was a good idea. But then the conversation switched to other topics as is typical for Discord channels where everything is discussed all at once (as opposed to forums allowing for multiple topics to have their own individual threads). Sometimes, you gotta fight for what you believe in.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
. . . . wow.
Like, if this is a serious statement, please rethink your life. It's a goddamn deco, not something worth ending a career over.

New Ruckus looks good. Not that interested in that particular Bludgeon, but I like the new chest.
It's a Simpsons reference mate

Criminy, does no one on the Internet understand what jokes are anymore. Like I'm autistic and even I can sometimes understand humor (despite what some people say)

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen

Criminy, does no one on the Internet understand what jokes are anymore. Like I'm autistic and even I can sometimes understand humor (despite what some people say)
Seriously. Some people need to pull the stick outta you know where.

Looking back over at that conversation on Discord, someone else on there (Tigerpaw28) agreed with you and thought it was a good idea. But then the conversation switched to other topics as is typical for Discord channels where everything is discussed all at once (as opposed to forums allowing for multiple topics to have their own individual threads). Sometimes, you gotta fight for what you believe in.
🤷🏻‍♂️ the way I see it, it was a super easy thing to do. Just change the hue on the standard Predacon emblem image, toss it in there, provide some context for why...

If whoever deems that page their "domain" wants to be that way that's their prerogative.

Needless to say it's not an issue I'm looking to push, but I do think it's a story to demonstrate how actual community involvement in the wiki can be stifled.

Dake

Citizen

This is one of those instances where it's easy to miss context. Honestly I assumed you were just being hyperbolic too. The Simpsons only did it because it's such a common example of online douchebaggery. So while you were joking, many people saying this aren't.

Maybe posting the gif instead of just the text would've helped.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's also likely a case where, after 30-something years, Not everyone is going to remember every single little joke that The Simpsons has made.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
This is one of those instances where it's easy to miss context. Honestly I assumed you were just being hyperbolic too. The Simpsons only did it because it's such a common example of online douchebaggery. So while you were joking, many people saying this aren't.

Maybe posting the gif instead of just the text would've helped.
I'm on mobile lol, I totally would have done a Frinkiac gif otherwise

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It's also likely a case where, after 30-something years, Not everyone is going to remember every single little joke that The Simpsons has made.
That’s because you aren’t a TRU FAN!

<- Hasn’t watched Simpsons regularly in at least 20 years…
FWIW, I didn't know the Simpsons reference, and I still recognized that the post was a joke, based on who was posting it and the opinions they've voiced in the past. We may not always know each other IRL, but it's not like we're entirely strangers here.
Yeah, and in general, we all skew towards being smart ass man-childs. Outside of the politics section, I don’t take many hyperbolic statements too seriously.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I thought it was obvivious. He wants a version colored specifically like the Prtender Shell, and not some mix.
But that wouldn’t be drastically different from the retail version. It would LITERALLY be the sort of “dialed in redeco” he was complaining about to begin with!

I just think he was pissed that he wanted Ruckus and is going to have to get a version of Bludgeon he doesn’t want to do so, thus costing more than if Hasbro had put a deluxe retool with him. (Which would have irritated someone ELSE because the other figure would have been a deep cut favorite of someone else who didn’t want Ruckus)

CrockAlley

Citizen
So I missed that the new figure is actually Orion Pax (as explicitly stated by Hasbro), not Stormbringer Optimus. Which makes total sense in the context of the 2-pack. It's an extremely nitpicky distinction. I guess I never noticed that IDW Orion didn't get much of a body upgrade when he became Optimus.

GwEhQw6.png

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Simpsons only did it because it's such a common example of online douchebaggery.
Thaaaaat's kinda iffy. The internet was still in its infancy at that point...

...though I do believe Comic Book Guy did say he was registering his outrage in a chat room within minutes, so maybe?
Not everyone is going to remember every single little joke that The Simpsons has made.
In fairness, I feel like this is one of the more common ones, and I think it was from before the cut-off date.

Top Bottom