Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Nitpicking, yes, Hasbro did clearly do their homework on the deco being explicitly Orion Pax. But it’s also obvious that his pre-Prime design was derived from Stormbringer. Either way, it’s not a design I would have expected to see made into a toy in 2024

Also, Mark Maher snapped a couple of shots of the Metalhawk refresh, a final shipping sample so you can tell for sure how it will look
Again, it looks nice, but not nice enough to justify a repeat purchase.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I can see the thumbnails, but trying to click on them asks me to sign up for an account, and I'm not interested.

From the thumbnails, Metalhawk looks better than the previous version. And since I never bought that one (I think I only saw it once, in a half-crushed box with something rattling around in the bottom, and decided not to chance it being broken), I might pick this one up instead.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I can see the thumbnails, but trying to click on them asks me to sign up for an account, and I'm not interested.

From the thumbnails, Metalhawk looks better than the previous version. And since I never bought that one (I think I only saw it once, in a half-crushed box with something rattling around in the bottom, and decided not to chance it being broken), I might pick this one up instead.
Huh. My nearby Target must have gotten some solid case shipments. I remember when he was “active”, they somehow had nearly a dozen of him. WAY more than simply “leftover mixed cases” would justify (Twincast isn’t THAT popular).
Hell, I don’t even think I SAW Twincast more than, maybe, once.

That’s why I order online, distribution is just getting weirder all the time.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I've got the original Siege release with his battle damage removed, some toy-centric stickers, and Soundwave's weird gun on his back to replicate the P-38 barrel of the original figure.

I'm thinking he's about perfect for my collection's needs re: Megatron and I'm ready to close the book on that barring the elusive SS '86 Megs.
Just because I'm so darn curious what he ends up being

Badgertron

Citizen
I've got the original Siege release with his battle damage removed, some toy-centric stickers, and Soundwave's weird gun on his back to replicate the P-38 barrel of the original figure.

I'm thinking he's about perfect for my collection's needs re: Megatron and I'm ready to close the book on that barring the elusive SS '86 Megs.
Just because I'm so darn curious what he ends up being
I'm basically in the same boat. I'm also hoping we see a SS86 Astrotrain sooner rather than later!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I expect 86 Megatron to be a new mold as the siege one is getting worn out, its one of the most used molds in the last few years with a total of 12 uses so far, thou some retooling for ER & Miner Megatron, but what he transforms into, is going to be the question mark, thou I wonder if he would come with a minutue verison of his classic G1 alt mode for other figures to use?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
While it hasn't been done (except maybe with Galvatron if you squint), I still think a 'gun' Megatron could easily be made by making him a FIELD gun. Not a tank, one of those artillery pieces that you pretty much roll to where you want it and then use it in place. Make it big enough and you could even give it the 'interact with other characters' thing, though instead of holding the gun they'd be manning it from behind. You could easily keep the entire G1 Megatron silhouette in both modes without running afoul of federal law or needing safety colors.

I got the idea from a live performance of the 1812 Overture done with modern field artillery. Those who don't think "Tchaikovsky" counts as 'Macho Manly Music' has never heard a percussion section that has to be kept far enough away to not deafen or kill the audience.

Top Bottom