Transformers Legacy toyline

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Allegedly I'm supposed to be getting that G1 Toy Prime today from Amazon. "guaranteed" delivery by 10 tonight. Hasn't yet shipped. Plus 2 red Frenzys and SS Megs tomorrow. Not a one has hit shipping.
I have my doubts.
So nothing was delivered. And they changed the date for that G1 Legacy Prime to "order received". I frikken hate it when Amazon does this.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Re: TR

Titans Return was a fuckin PEAK line but tbh even though I fuckin love Headmasters as a concept...I'm not a fan of how all the heads basically had to end up square and blocky. It just came off looking weird for figures where their normal head design wasn't like that and it just looked like you just chopped off their face and glued it to a block.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I don’t much like or dislike the headmaster play pattern but I do agree about shoehorning characters with head shapes that aren’t blocks into the gimmick. My main turn off about TR was that the sculpting was pretty ugly in general.

also stupid stickers

Badgertron

Citizen
It was a great line for getting a large number of characters that hadn't gotten modern updates yet (some movie characters, some targetmasters, triple changers, etc), but they're all getting redone anyway now. I really do feel like there was room for a bunch of the titan master repaints, just as I wish they did more repaints of the 'izers (especially if they did sets of them in uniform colours!).

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
If they had to include characters that weren't originally Headmasters they should have done Ironhide and Ratchet. I was surprised that they missed that.
As much as I love TR, they missed a lot of easy gimmies. Ironhide and Ratchet, Straxus (he was a head in a jar for a solid run in the Marvel comics), Alligator Prime (we had an alligator headmaster mould and multiple Optimus-esque heads), Sunstreaker and Hunter, Reverse Convoy from Hardhead.... just a lot of stuff that seems like no brainers that they just missed on.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, here's a question: What if, instead of "Titan Masters," they localized the term "Masterforce" into the western lore, and we had Headmasters, Targetmasters, Powermasters, etc.?

Ideally with the same basic articulation and pegholes and stuff so they can be interchanged in the play patterns, but not everyone became/lost a head?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think "Titan Masters" tried to cover the same ground that hypothetical "Masterforce" would. Or could be made to do, if they fleshed it out more (as it was, the line had one Titan, and we didn't really get much about the Titan Masters being the key to that or whatever). The word "Titan" instead of the other prefixes was at least less specific, sort of. Kind of like how Battle Masters were both guns and melee weapons.

But yeah, calling them something other than Head- or Target- etc created an umbrella with room to just throw them all in there. I guess keeping to a single element of the play pattern just made it that much clearer/simpler and easier to market.

Last edited:

Platypus Prime

Citizen
All I know is if you have enough Titan/Prime Masters and a TR Powermaster Optimus, you can make Crazy Eyes Prime.

50029921648_123e88328f_o.jpg

50048662627_3c1f85ca36_o.jpg

Cybersnark

Citizen
As much as I love TR, they missed a lot of easy gimmies. Ironhide and Ratchet, Straxus (he was a head in a jar for a solid run in the Marvel comics), Alligator Prime (we had an alligator headmaster mould and multiple Optimus-esque heads), Sunstreaker and Hunter, Reverse Convoy from Hardhead.... just a lot of stuff that seems like no brainers that they just missed on.
Once again, and until the end of time: SARI!!!

For that matter, The Headmaster; Henry Masterson.

(Also, No-Brainer would've been a perfect G1-esque name for a new character.)

Top Bottom