Transformers: One - New Animated Prequel coming September 20th, 2024 - New Toy Official Images!

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Yeah, there's definitely gonna be some talk on the wiki about whether or not TF One should remain in the same or a new family. Truth be told, the wiki tends to automatically default to a new family for every new cartoon series that starts over new, but it seems like the wiki is unwilling to do the same for any of the Paramount films. It'd probably have to take something pretty drastic for the wiki to classify a new movie in a new continuity family; the question being just what that drastic something would be. It's done for each new-continuity cartoon because of ease of organization, but if I'm being honest, I could see some compelling arguments for both Cyberverse and EarthSpark being reclassified as part of the Generation 1 continuity family, but the main pushback against that seems to mostly boil down to space and page size. As in, G1 Optimus Prime and Megatron's pages are both already pretty enormous, even likewise are their various subpages suited out from the main page.

There's a method to the madness at play, here, and TF One is definitely going to spark up some new madness.
Madness, and this time (unlike some of the previous bouts thereof) we haven't got a map outline as we did before.

This sounds like it could provide more material for this discussion thread own our very own board....

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh, Josh Cooley was definitely given a peek at the Binder to work from it. He's said as much in multiple interviews.

I take that as another sign that Hasbro intentionally pivoted the production away from Paramount's previous stuff.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I take that as another sign that Hasbro intentionally pivoted the production away from Paramount's previous stuff.
Ah, but, remember, the first Paramount movie is where the Aligned backstory lore originally got the ideas of Optimus and Megatron being former friends who became enemies, and the AllSpark being launched from Cybertron into space. It all comes full circle. ;)

Last edited:

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Ah, but, remember, the first Paramount movie is where the Aligned backstory lore originally got the ideas of Optimus and Megatron being former friends who became enemies, and the AllSpark being launched from Cybertron into space. It all comes full circle. ;)
I don't know if I'm over the idea of Optimus and Megs being pals pre-war but I'm starting to be over the idea of Megs as a social revolutionary Who Just Goes Too Far. Why not make the Decepticons the fascists? Would fit the end goal better. Make Megs Orion's pre-war buddy he lost to like... the Cybertronian alt-right.

TF One is clearly going in the direction I just said I'm tired of but I'll go in with an open mind. The VAing and writing seems on point so I'm sure they'll pull it out.

Glitch

Citizen
They'll show Unicron in a crowd, we'll all get angry and they'll say they never realised the significance of the character and then try to claim it's 'foreshadowing'.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Ummmmm what?
I think it's meant to be a triple joke about how inconsistent Unicron has been portrayed across his multiple Paramount film appearances, about the enormous (almost absurd) amount of character cameos in the race clip, and a jab at how Lorenzo keeps saying things to try and make all of the movies fit together when it's clear that not all of them do.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I think it's meant to be a triple joke about how inconsistent Unicron has been portrayed across his multiple Paramount film appearances, about the enormous (almost absurd) amount of character cameos in the race clip, and a jab at how Lorenzo keeps saying things to try and make all of the movies fit together when it's clear that not all of them do.
They need to do to Lorenzo what TNA Wresting did to Dixie Carter and give him a basement office with a phone that can't call out.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
They'll show Unicron in a crowd, we'll all get angry and they'll say they never realised the significance of the character and then try to claim it's 'foreshadowing'.

It could be a worshiper of Unicron (some random idiot who doesn't realise that Unicron wants to consume them and everyone else), say wearing a mask, as long as they don't put his Iconic wings upon the back of the bot, their ok along with the colour scheme aside from the helmet/mask

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not unheard of...

1724477623370.png

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
So, most of our nearby Walmarts have done their toy aisle resets, and Transformers ONE is pretty solidly represented, but I've noticed a weird quirk: each of the Deluxe figures has their own hook(s). Optimus has one, B-127 has one, and Quintesson has one. Studio series ONE Optimus and 86 Bee also seem to have their own real estate on the mod. The price tags have the specific toys' names on them. This is also NOT the dedicated display box for TF:ONE toys and merch that seems to live near electronics, but the regular toy aisle.

Does anyone have the inside scoop on this? Is Walmart getting solid cases of single figures this season, or is this some weird temporary thing to tie in with TF:ONE? Target does not seem to be doing this (and I've seen deluxe Sentinel there, but not at WM). I'm mostly concerned about what this means for future figure releases; at the very least, we ought to be getting a Megatron and Elita-1 some time soon, but they don't seem to have a place on the current mod.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Studio series ONE Optimus and 86 Bee also seem to have their own real estate on the mod.
These two getting special treatment I chalked up to their being part of the "A Level" assortment that means they'll get constantly rereleased over a long period of time.

The normal mainline TF One toys getting their own personalized pegs, however, I'm less sure about. Maybe there are fewer toys in the line than the space Walmart has to fill in their Transformers toy section, and so are spreading out the individual figures to dedicated pegs in order to fill up the space.

RichardT519

Citizen
I do get the feeling that the TF1 Deluxes (or whatever they're called) are being shipped in dedicated cases for each character; the item arrangement I saw at Target the other day suggested the same.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Interesting. So maybe the overflowing peg of Bumblebees shouldn't stop Walmart from ordering future waves of everyone else anymore.

Top Bottom